Water out of s gas can

/ Water out of s gas can #1  

robs660

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota B20
I am at a restaurant tonight. (By the way some of he best food I have ever eaten). They serve the drinking water out of Blitz 1.5 gallon red gas cans. Assuming they have only been used for drinking water. Does anyone know if this could be an issue? What kind of plastic is used for red gas cans

Restur is called Red Cadillac in union NJ and its a great place for tex mex

/ Water out of s gas can #2  
Typically if its not plastic for human consumption, its not good for ya. But then again we have no stick fry pans, steroids for all meat growth and milk prodection, so whats the problem. I would not make it am everyday event though, and don't drink from a Jersey creek ever!

/ Water out of s gas can #4  
When I was around 8, I used to go to a friends salvage yard with my dad. He had his drinking water in red gas cans.

I drank from them all the time when I was there.

Chad

/ Water out of s gas can #5  
I bet they are the same material as the pail blue version that look the same except for color. :)

/ Water out of s gas can #8  
Typically if its not plastic for human consumption, its not good for ya. But then again we have no stick fry pans, steroids for all meat growth and milk prodection, so whats the problem. I would not make it am everyday event though, and don't drink from a Jersey creek ever!

Read the history of WW11 and the Korean "police" action 5 gal. metal cans and some times the former contents of gas was washed out before refilling with drinking water. During the stress of battle seemed no one complained of the taste.
We used plastic for almost all food containers
Last year our city water system forgot how to change the lake in-take filters and they plugged up. No water and drinking water was provided by water bottles. truck loads of bottles and then some one noticed the "drink by code date" was expired. And cases of bottles were rejected. Now city and water company still in legal tail wrangling on who is to pay for the water. The customer with out water of course will pay the legal cost.
Doctor friend says that were all to clean in our health habits. When a bug comes by no immunity to prevent from getting sick.
This red can water container most is a prop to make you think what it is like in Mexico where water is hauled in small containers.
And in the movies all Texans drink from horses hoof prints. with out asking where the horse stepped last.
Maybe got up to early this morning.
ken

/ Water out of s gas can #9  
I am at a restaurant tonight. (By the way some of he best food I have ever eaten). They serve the drinking water out of Blitz 1.5 gallon red gas cans. Assuming they have only been used for drinking water. Does anyone know if this could be an issue? What kind of plastic is used for red gas cans

Restur is called Red Cadillac in union NJ and its a great place for tex mex

I would guess they have health inspectors in NJ that would tag this is it was not safe.... on the other hand, maybe the owners knows a guy, see? :laughing:

/ Water out of s gas can #10  
In Mexico they use milk jugs to transport gas. I guess it's only natural for us to use gas cans for our water...