Computer revolution on the way....Computers will own the world...not for me...You ?

/ Computer revolution on the way....Computers will own the world...not for me...You ? #1  

brin

Georgia - Mt. Vernon by The Store just 5 miles eas
Corning Glass - The end of the computers as we know it

If you Wonder why HP, Dell and other leading computer manufacturers believe the end of the computer as we know it is near. It's not the iPad that has them concerned about the future. It is developments like the ones Corning is working on.
CLICK HERE... A Day Made of Glass... Made possible by Corning. - YouTube

I think I was born at the right time...Too much tech. - people will forget how to think and how to interact with each other on a personal basis...no more interpersonal relationships...not my cup of tea..These folks will not even have a clue how to survive without modern conveniences, electricity and grocery stores...God help most folks if the power goes out for good...I could go on forever about the downside of this technology

What do you guys think...? maybe I am a Luddite ?

/ Computer revolution on the way....Computers will own the world...not for me...You ? #2  
My brother was told that was on the horizon a couple decades ago...in college. It is amazing...

Thanks for posting.

/ Computer revolution on the way....Computers will own the world...not for me...You ? #4  
What do you guys think...? maybe I am a Luddite ?

Bob, I don't think you and I are Luddites because we haven't destroyed anything (at least I haven't:laughing:); we're just obsolete antiques.:laughing:

But incidentally, speaking of Corning . . . we were just passing through Corning, NY, on May 30, 1993, when we saw Corning's headquarters and a couple of busses in the parking lot, so we stopped out of curiosity. That was the first that we knew there was a Corning Museum of Glass. If I remember right, admission cost us $7 each back then, and it was well worth it, too.

/ Computer revolution on the way....Computers will own the world...not for me...You ?
Bob, I don't think you and I are Luddites because we haven't destroyed anything (at least I haven't:laughing:); we're just obsolete antiques.:laughing:

But incidentally, speaking of Corning . . . we were just passing through Corning, NY, on May 30, 1993, when we saw Corning's headquarters and a couple of busses in the parking lot, so we stopped out of curiosity. That was the first that we knew there was a Corning Museum of Glass. If I remember right, admission cost us $7 each back then, and it was well worth it, too.

we're just obsolete antiques

:laughing: You are exactly right....I have not destroyed anything " yet " either...LOL ~ I suppose I am obsolete...I can somehow hear Rod Serling now saying " Ladies and gentlemen, what we have here is Bob...he is an obsolete antique...now lost in the Twilight Zone with is Pal Bird....Can't you hear it now ?:eek:

/ Computer revolution on the way....Computers will own the world...not for me...You ? #6  
:laughing: You are exactly right....I have not destroyed anything " yet " either...LOL ~ I suppose I am obsolete...I can somehow hear Rod Serling now saying " Ladies and gentlemen, what we have here is Bob...he is an obsolete antique...now lost in the Twilight Zone with is Pal Bird....Can't you hear it now ?:eek:

And never to be found again.:laughing:

/ Computer revolution on the way....Computers will own the world...not for me...You ?
And never to be found again.:laughing:

Bird, it reminds of a T shirt I saw advertised in one of my wife's catalogs..It said " Inside every old person is a young person saying...What the heck happened " :laughing: I just had to laugh when I read that since it is so true...

/ Computer revolution on the way....Computers will own the world...not for me...You ? #8  
There is no color in the future! Everything is white. I knew it would happen.

/ Computer revolution on the way....Computers will own the world...not for me...You ? #9  
Nah, that video has it all wrong....

First, the content of the fridge looked clean and organized! :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Then the lady DROVE the car. We ain't going to be driving cars in the future. :D Given the nuts driving now, we will be safer with computers in control. :laughing::laughing::laughing:

We won't need computer displays all over the place. We will all be chipped with full network access. BorgWeWillBe. :cool2: :laughing:

I walked into the living room the other night and the wife and two kids were all sitting on the couch next to each other! :) That sounds nice and right out of Leave it to Beaver! :thumbsup: The difference was that all three of them were on their laptops! :shocked::D:D:D I sat down and started reading a book which makes me the normal one. :thumbsup::D Except the book was an eBook on the Kindle! :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Later,
Dan

/ Computer revolution on the way....Computers will own the world...not for me...You ? #10  
Very cool! I'm buying stock in Windex tomorrow! :laughing: