Forecast

/ Forecast #1  

DFB

Elite Member
Tractor
John Deere 4100 HST /410 FEL, R4s
This article was frontpage in this morning newspaper. Quite a kick in the pants for those south of here./w3tcompact/icons/smile.gifwww.portland.com

/ Forecast #2  
DFB,
Well thats one guy who doesn't have his finger on the panic button /w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif...good for him./w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

Yep..ain't no since whinning about it just just get ready for it...or move..Good old New England. /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

Thomas..NH /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ Forecast #3  
I found the comment about hitting the 7-eleven for batteries and bottled water interesting. Here in East-Central MO we get cravings for bread and milk when the snow is coming.

/ Forecast #4  
Here in N.E. Ohio it is Bread, Milk, and Toilet paper that people hoard during snow storms. Those are the first three things to completely disappear from the store shelves. /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

<font color=orange>George</font color=orange> /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ Forecast
Sat. morning. 20 degrees and overcast. The calm before the storm. 10" of snow and 35mph winds are predicted. I've seen on the morning news its already snowing south of New Jersey, most air travel has been cancelled, plow trucks were stuck in PA and the grocery and hardware stores are being ravaged. Well the larder's full, the tractor fueled, some water set aside just in case the power goes down and the pump won't run, put a couple loads of wood in by the stove and got the champagne and shrimp for New Years just in case. This is more exiciting than y2k last year. I guess all there is to do now is wait./w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ Forecast #6  
If I am stuck in the house, snowed in, I don't wont bread, and milk. Give me beer and pizza!!

Paul Bradway

/ Forecast #7  
DFB, 20 degrees way up north? Heck, it's 18 here in the middle of Texas with a heavy frost./w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif But at least the sun's coming out and no wind so far today.

The Dallas Morning News says this has been the 5th coldest December on record (since 1898). Average daily temperature 11 degrees below normal.

Bird

/ Forecast #8  
You forgot about the tv remote. /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

Thomas..NH /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ Forecast #9  
DFB, sounds like your all set. I saw the scene you described on the news. Almost all of them standing in the checkout line had a snow shovel or two.
Bird, 28 here this morning, suppose to get up to 57. According to the local weathermen, we had the second coldest November in this areas history.

Ernie
"I deem it necessary for Texas to be ready to meat an army of eight or ten thousand strong in May next." Eli Mercer (in a letter to Henry Smith Dec,1835)

/ Forecast
Well the storm seems to be over. Don't really know how much yet. Thomas how are you doing there. Folks back home got buried in white stuff. Oh yea, power only went out once.