Preparing for Sandy

/ Preparing for Sandy #111  
I'm sure if you were to boil it, it would be fine. :)
The kitchen may not smell very nice after that, and your tea will never taste the same.

Not really...urine is mostly water but it does have waste products filtered out through one's kidneys.
Supposedly, urine is too salty too...but I'm not into golden showers so I can't say I've ever tasted it.

/ Preparing for Sandy #112  
I dont know Bob, to do that, your near death anyway I guess:laughing: I have heard of people doing this to survive, but what about the ones that do it and say it's for their" health"?? Hope I never find my self in the position to make that choice:D

It is a big YUK...that's for sure but remember the Bonner party...they ate their dead to stay alive...so who knows what we will do to stay alive if the time comes....sure hope none of us are tested that way...

I'm sure if you were to boil it, it would be fine. :)
The kitchen may not smell very nice after that, and your tea will never taste the same.

The ones I have read about were in the desert and near death.so they could not boil it..just drank it fresh and straight I guess....:)

/ Preparing for Sandy #114  
It is a big YUK...that's for sure but remember the Bonner party...they ate their dead to stay alive...so who knows what we will do to stay alive if the time comes....sure hope none of us are tested that way...

The ones I have read about were in the desert and near death.so they could not boil it..just drank it fresh and straight I guess....:)

Supposedly, urine from a healthy person is sterile. You don't need to boil, just drink away! :drink::licking: NOT! :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Drinking urine when thirsty only buys you some time. The problem is the salts in the urine. Eventually it is like drinking sea water, it will kill you. Being without fresh water on the ocean has to be one of the worst ways to die. All of that water but not one drop safe to drink. :shocked: If you break down and drink straight sea water you loose your mind and drown. Not a good way to go. Reading the horror stories of sailors who lost their ship in the South Pacific is real unpleasant. Those who survived the sharks, not many, then had to survive without water in the heat. Very few survived for very long.

I can't remember the ratio, but if one has fresh water, it can be extended by adding sea water and I suppose urine. They key is to dilute the salts with the right amount of fresh water. Get the ratio wrong and you have a problem.

I was reading about a big game hunter in Africa whose tracker was spit at by a, well, spitting cobra. The tracker was hit in the eyes. The tracker would go blind from the poison, and the party was out of water, so they peed on the guys face to wash the venom from the guy's eyes. :shocked::dance1: :laughing: Can you call a guy a friend if he whizzes in your face? :D

Now that I have told TBNers how to survive without water, extend your fresh water supply with sea water and/or wee wee, as well as how to prevent going blind from spitting cobra spit in your eyes, I think I should get a Major Award! :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Later,
Dan

/ Preparing for Sandy #115  
Dan,

How about Water Warrior of the Week ? Or Wee Water Warrior Award.

/ Preparing for Sandy #116  
Hi Brin, there seems to be consensus that bath water can be made potable by boiling. The confusion seems to be over the meaning of the word potable.
I'm clear on the meaning in the context I chose.

I was not referring to "bath water", whatever YOUR definition of that is, rather tap water in a CLEAN tub.

Definition of POTABLE

: suitable for drinking
from Potable - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

/edit - and along with all the other emergency supplies we should ensure we have some method to be able to boil water for sterilization.

/ Preparing for Sandy #118  
Thats a whole new twist on winning the "Golden Globe" or shower award:D

/ Preparing for Sandy #119  
WWW or WWWA....

Hmmmmm......

I will take WWW!

Do I get it on a hat or a pin?

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

Later,
Dan

10 Gallon Hat