Preparing for Sandy

/ Preparing for Sandy #1  

mguitas

Tractor
Massey Ferguson 1423 Hydrostat
How many people from Pa. an New York fear the worst from Sandy. Is it coming were they say it is.:(

/ Preparing for Sandy #2  
Well we are in prep mode here - time to put away outside furniture anyway and get some gas for the generator and normal prep work for winter - just a week or two early.

The track of the storm is not yet known but they seem to favor hitting NJ and NYC then turning west into PA and NY. The other track is directly into CT coast and into Northeast and to stick around for three days of rain and wind.

Either case I dont think we will get hit too bad - the ocean surge is another matter tho, with full moon high tide and if it sticks around for 3-4 days lots of beach erosion and flooding will occur - we are 1/2 mi inland @ 38' elevation so no worrys.

/ Preparing for Sandy #3  
   / Preparing for Sandy #4  
I sure hope it goes out to sea.
I'm still cleaning up after the last one.

/ Preparing for Sandy #5  
Welcome to TBN.

Murph,

Thanks for the welocme - weve all been around TBN for a bit and all in the northeast relatively speaklng, so trying to understand your "welcome to TBN". Or am I missing something in the message?

I dont fear these storms but I respect mother nature and prepare as best possible.

/ Preparing for Sandy #6  
How many people from Pa. an New York fear the worst from Sandy. Is it coming were they say it is.:(

You would be prudent to prepare for heavy rains, high winds and a multi-day power outage middle of next week! :hurricane:

/ Preparing for Sandy #7  
I sure hope it goes out to sea.
I'm still cleaning up after the last one.
not a chance in **** thats gonna happen according to the scenarios. Prepare if you are in the path.
I live 20 minutes west of philadelphia so im getting the worst of it. I just got my home generator installed 2 days ago so i will have full power when the electricity goes off. I live around all trees and they always take the lines down so this time i will have full power in the house. I also bought a bunch of d batteries for flashlights just in case a few days ago and it was a good thing. I went to home depot tonight and surprise surpirse. There are no flashlights or d batteries left. all shelves are cleaned out. I picked up a few sand bags just in case, but i wont be needing them becuase i put a huge swail in after last years hurricane. There was only a few bags of them left. Its crazy becuase everything is sold out everywhere already. Gonna go get some more diesel and gas in the morning.

/ Preparing for Sandy #8  
Murph,

Thanks for the welocme - weve all been around TBN for a bit and all in the northeast relatively speaklng, so trying to understand your "welcome to TBN". Or am I missing something in the message?

I dont fear these storms but I respect mother nature and prepare as best possible.

Carl, it was kinda inside joke cause the OP posts the welcome about 20 times a day and i was surprised he started a thread.

/ Preparing for Sandy #9  
I just read a long news story about the coming storm in the east and it doesn't sound good at all. Hope everyone back there, and their property, survives intact.

/ Preparing for Sandy #10  
To members and friends on the east coast, I hope this storm does not hurt anyone. Be prepared and be careful.