what's it take to switch out a DISH remote?

/ what's it take to switch out a DISH remote? #41  
back when it was probably easier to pirate stuff.. they might have wanted, even old, hardware back.

anyone remember the c-band days? :) wizard software and all the other tricks.. :) ;)

i still have my old paraclipse dish...

i do see a familiar name on my dishtv stuff.. in fine print I see echostar in some places.

remember the good old days.

anik.. etc...

Yep, I remember....I paid $2,500 for our first Satellite system with the big paraclipse dish....Remember watching all of the feeds....especially CNN news feeds....you'd see the Anchors and reporters...pick their nose, make funny faces or swear......they were not on the air...it was a feed but those of us who had open access could see it...funny stuff for sure....we used to have a clicker on top of the tv and would turn the dial and the dish would move one way...the turn the dial and it would move the other...and the dish was about 150 ft. from the house...I think it was back in the mid 1980's....

/ what's it take to switch out a DISH remote?
yup.. exactly! see tv movie 'feeds', sans commercials, a day or night before the networks ran it.. etc..

/ what's it take to switch out a DISH remote? #43  
Do the old dishes still work? I have one on the hill but cut the cable during some tractor seat time.:D

Dave

/ what's it take to switch out a DISH remote?
i have no clue if anything cband is still going. or even ku I know the old paraclipse were good enough to use on ku...