What a bridge....Look at all the trucks & campers that shear their tops off...Amazing

/ What a bridge....Look at all the trucks & campers that shear their tops off...Amazing #1  

brin

Georgia - Mt. Vernon by The Store just 5 miles eas
What a bridge....Look at all the trucks & campers that shear their tops off...Amazing

Think of the costs of each one of these accidents and some of the camper trailers and motor home owners have no idea they just destroyed their Air Conditioning and TV...

LiveLeak.com - Undefeated - The Toughest Bridge in the World

/ What a bridge....Look at all the trucks & campers that shear their tops off...Amazing #2  
Re: What a bridge....Look at all the trucks & campers that shear their tops off...Ama

Just thinking about all of the people who rented trucks and how that is going to cost them on their personal insurance if they did not take the damage policy, which many people do not.

Thanks for sharing.

/ What a bridge....Look at all the trucks & campers that shear their tops off...Amazing #3  
Great video!!

Kansas City has one of these train bridges. Same height IIRC. I have seem trucks stuck, but never witnessed the actual event.

It sure has the battle scars.

/ What a bridge....Look at all the trucks & campers that shear their tops off...Amazing #4  
Re: What a bridge....Look at all the trucks & campers that shear their tops off...Ama

Lordy, I can relate to "What part of the height limit sign did you not read". I bought a conversion van and the wife didn't read the sign at the airport. She wedged it in all the way to the back doors. Took them a while to flatten all the tires and pull it out. Whole roof had to be replaced. Her only comment was, "well this Van is taller than the other one was".. Ya Think?!??!

Second time, it was one of my troops going thru Tallahassee that decided to take our 5 ton through the drive-thru at a donut shop. The really stupid part of the second one was that the shop was closed anyway. That cost the Government some money, the troop some money, and a conversation between troop and 1SG that cannot be repeated here.

/ What a bridge....Look at all the trucks & campers that shear their tops off...Amazing #5  

it looked like the camper just kept on going! why stop now, not much you can do till you get parked and fix it i guess

we have a bridge here locally that has been hit over and over, and unfortunately one time was by a double decker bus,
killed a few people. just terrible that these professional drivers can't heed all the warnings,, and believe me, there are
tons of signs/lights etc for a mile ahead of it.

/ What a bridge....Look at all the trucks & campers that shear their tops off...Amazing #6  

It looks like there is a "scraper I-beam" mounted in front of the actual bridge framework.
Saves the bridge at least.

/ What a bridge....Look at all the trucks & campers that shear their tops off...Amazing #7  

I love the little container on the flatbed at about 1:50.

They should rename it 'the can opener'.

/ What a bridge....Look at all the trucks & campers that shear their tops off...Amazing #8  

There are a few low railroad bridges in a near by city that catch trucks all of the time. The bridges were built a long time ago and DIP down under the bridge. There are I beams in front of at least some of the bridges and plenty of signs but trucks still try to go under the bridges. In heavy rains, the dips under the bridges can flood and people will try to drive through the water which stalls out the vehicles.

A guy working near one of the bridges setup a camera to record the crashes. Since 2008 it looks like he has recorded almost 60 on this one bridge alone.

Funny thing is the a news station just did a story on the guy.

Later,
Dan

/ What a bridge....Look at all the trucks & campers that shear their tops off...Amazing #9  

I used to drive a Mack boom truck with a transport height of 13'4" for a building products company in Southwestern CT. Similar to this rig:

Boom Truck.jpg

We had to know all sorts of wormholes and alleys to get to many of the coastal building sites. Lots of unmarked briges that "looked okay". Learned to roll the window down, stick my head out and watch the mast as the truck crawled in granny gear with my foot just kissing the clutch pedal. Saw a few "new guys" and lots of out of state truck drivers who learned the hard way. That's one phone call I never wanted to make - the yard foreman was a real hothead.

/ What a bridge....Look at all the trucks & campers that shear their tops off...Amazing #10  

That is a funny video. On a couple of them it actually looked like the bridge lifted slightly. I don't know why but I had the thought of one of those cube vans full of illegal immigrants and what they would be thinking when the whole box came apart around them.