Haying in November.. Lou

/ Haying in November.. Lou #1  

Lou66

Veteran Member
Tractor
Deere 990/Montana 5740
This is nothing of great importance,, Just a thought out loud, I hear voices,, But I do believe the weather is changing,, Middle of November and I just baled the last of the hay,, My first cutting was the 1st of May,, I got five cutting this year.. I live along the gulf coast south of Houston west of Galveston east of San Antonio,, does anyone else live around here?,, wait wrong question,, did anyone else see a big difference this year.. good of bad,, far as crops or the weather? Lou

View attachment 289343View attachment 289342View attachment 289341

/ Haying in November.. Lou #2  
It seems that you had plenty of rainfall this year. It seems obvious since you had five cuttings. Good job. Here's wishing you the same results next year.:thumbsup:

/ Haying in November.. Lou #3  
No difference up here. We got 1 cut end of June into July. Everyone was done haying before August.

/ Haying in November.. Lou
It seems that you had plenty of rainfall this year. It seems obvious since you had five cuttings. Good job. Here's wishing you the same results next year.:thumbsup:

thanks creekbend.. but 2011 I got one cutting because of the dought,, this year was nice.. but I stole most of my cows in Jan of this year.. the ones I kept are eating good.. we will see what next year brings.. Lou

No difference up here. We got 1 cut end of June into July. Everyone was done haying before August.

That was me in the summer of 2011,, I got one cutting in Aug.. it was dry and stemmy,, we got less than 12 inches of rain.. when we average 50 to 60 on a dry year..

/ Haying in November.. Lou #6  
Lou66, Do you really drive around with the loader up?

Yes I do DT86.. so I can see the windrows.. I could take the bucket off.. but then I would have to put it back on.. lol.. thanks for the question.. Lou

Lou66, Do you really drive around with the loader up?

/ Haying in November.. Lou #8  
Lou66 said:
Yes I do DT86.. so I can see the windrows.. I could take the bucket off.. but then I would have to put it back on.. lol.. thanks for the question.. Lou

Alright then.

I've still got some hay on the ground myself. It will go up tomorrow. It should of went up two weeks ago but I've had mower and then baler issues, which lead to it being rained on.