Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Tractor
    Kubota's - B7610, M4700

Default Re: Health...Cholesterol....Saturated fats have never been proven to be bad for us...

Whenever I see discussions on cholesterol I feel the need to mention my favorite breakfast food - oatmeal.

I got diagnosed with high cholesterol after a stint of eating bad (lots of hot dogs and cheese) and NOT being told I was supposed to fast before the test. Well I went back to eating oatmeal for breakfast and it helped dramatically drop my HDL. Right now I'm on a kick of oatmeal and spicy salsa.
    My rides - '95 Kubota M4700 w/ PEC, LA1001 FEL :'07 B7610, LA352 FEL, Bush Hog SBX 48 box blade, '09 Woods BH70-X w/ 16" bucket and thumb, 3pt pallet forks, Dale Phillips PHD, Jinma 8" chipper, 2 Piranha's, Winco 12KW PTO generator, Howse plow, 5' KK tiller, 5' Big Bee cutter, with a 2002 7.3L Ford F350 CC DRW 4x4 and '07 18' Hudson HSE Deluxe trailer - 5 Ton to haul it all

Tractor
    JD 6403 CHA-JD 3130 CHA

Default Re: Health...Cholesterol....Saturated fats have never been proven to be bad for us...

Quote Originally Posted by newbury View Post
    Whenever I see discussions on cholesterol I feel the need to mention my favorite breakfast food - oatmeal.

I got diagnosed with high cholesterol after a stint of eating bad (lots of hot dogs and cheese) and NOT being told I was supposed to fast before the test. Well I went back to eating oatmeal for breakfast and it helped dramatically drop my HDL. Right now I'm on a kick of oatmeal and spicy salsa.

Oatmeal every morning for years has gradually got my total cholesterol down to 168 as of last Monday and the hdl and ldl were both within normal parameters. Trigs still 250ish, however, going down. Ken Sweet
    http://www.sweetfarms.com/

Sweet Farm Equipment LLC (Internet Sales, Shipping All States)
    Shipping Facility
    1815 Defries Rd., Canmer, Ky 42722 Toll Free 1-866-528-3323
    Ken Sweet sweet@scrtc.com

Shipping Example: Can ship 800 lbs from Ky. to Dallas for $165
    The Northeast shipping corridor is a little more expensive.

Tractor
    ym1700, NH7610S, Ford 8N, 2N, NAA, 660, 850 x2, 541, 950, 941D, 951, 2000, 3000, 4000, 4600, 5000, 740, IH 'C' 'H', CUB, John Deere 'B', allis 'G', case VAC

same here.. wasn't told to fast before test.. got bad results.. made some big changes including oatmeal.. dropepd total cholestrol and eventually trigs..

Tractor
    JD 6403 CHA-JD 3130 CHA

To increase fiber intake and also eat a tasty food, You guys should try Ezekiel bread. The bread is made form the ingredients as laid out in the Bible. No flour, no preservatives and 10% of your daily fiber needs in 1 slice. We buy it at Walmart. Ken Sweet

Shipping Facility

Georgia - Mt. Vernon by The Store just 5 miles east and right by the big oak tree then to the creek.

Quote Originally Posted by sweettractors View Post
    To increase fiber intake and also eat a tasty food, You guys should try Ezekiel bread. The bread is made form the ingredients as laid out in the Bible. No flour, no preservatives and 10% of your daily fiber needs in 1 slice. We buy it at Walmart. Ken Sweet
    OMG Ken, It would take a month or more to make this....Ezekiel Bread I Recipe - Allrecipes.com

I will check at our Wal Mart....otherwise I don't know how we would find all the ingredients or grind them up...guess I'm not prepared...
    Bob

WORRYING does not take away tomorrow's TROUBLES, it takes away today's PEACE.

NH - TC-29 , FEL, Bush hog, Bush hog brand finishing mower, Post hole digger, 6' Back blade, sub-soiler, Pallet forks, 20KW PTO Generator , 21 hp Murray Mower
    JD -3020 with FEL and a 16 HP. K-Grow Lawn Tractor (bought from K Mart 1994) and runs great !
    Clark 130 EN Mig Welder

R.I.P.
    Tractor
    Kubota BX2200

I'm going to be on the lookout for the bread mentioned. It sounds great. The recipe linked to has a error in the amount of salt needed according to the reviews, which were quite high...folks loved it.
    Which is bigger?: a) $100 per month since the Big Bang or b) the US National Debt.

Tractor
    JD 6403 CHA-JD 3130 CHA

Quote Originally Posted by EE_Bota View Post
    I'm going to be on the lookout for the bread mentioned. It sounds great. The recipe linked to has a error in the amount of salt needed according to the reviews, which were quite high...folks loved it.
    Yes, I noticed the salt mistake also. 2 teaspoons instead of 2 tablespoons. Ken Sweet

Shipping Facility

Tractor
    JD 6403 CHA-JD 3130 CHA

Quote Originally Posted by brin View Post
    OMG Ken, It would take a month or more to make this....Ezekiel Bread I Recipe - Allrecipes.com

I will check at our Wal Mart....otherwise I don't know how we would find all the ingredients or grind them up...guess I'm not prepared...
    Bob, you can also order online at Food For Life . I just ordered 6 loaves of the Ezekiel (Sesame Style) tonight. They also have a store locator on the website and many other products as well. Ken Sweet

Shipping Facility

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    none

Quote Originally Posted by newbury View Post

I would hope that you meant droped your LDL not your HDL
    High-density lipoprotein (HDL) is one of the five major groups of lipoproteins, which, in order of sizes, largest to smallest, are chylomicrons, VLDL, IDL, LDL, and HDL, which enable lipids like cholesterol and triglycerides to be transported within the water-based bloodstream. In healthy individuals, about thirty percent of blood cholesterol is carried by HDL.[1]
    Blood tests typically report HDL-C level, i.e. the amount of cholesterol contained in HDL particles. It is often contrasted with low-density or LDL cholesterol or LDL-C. HDL particles are able to remove cholesterol from within artery atheroma[citation needed] and transport it back to the liver for excretion or re-utilization, which is the main reason why the cholesterol carried within HDL particles (HDL-C) is sometimes called "good cholesterol" (despite the fact that it is exactly the same as the cholesterol in LDL particles). Those with higher levels of HDL-C seem to have fewer problems with cardiovascular diseases, while those with low HDL-C cholesterol levels (less than 40 mg/dL or about 1 mmol/L) have increased rates for heart disease.[2] While higher HDL levels are correlated with cardiovascular health, no incremental increase in HDL has been proven to improve health. In other words, while high HDL levels might correlate with better cardiovascular health, specifically increasing one's HDL might not increase cardiovascular health.[3] Additionally, those few individuals producing an abnormal, apparently more efficient, HDL ApoA1 protein variant called ApoA-1 Milano, have low measured HDL-C levels yet very low rates of cardiovascular events even with high blood cholesterol values

Tractor
    ym1700, NH7610S, Ford 8N, 2N, NAA, 660, 850 x2, 541, 950, 941D, 951, 2000, 3000, 4000, 4600, 5000, 740, IH 'C' 'H', CUB, John Deere 'B', allis 'G', case VAC

Quote Originally Posted by sweettractors View Post
    Bob, you can also order online at Food For Life . I just ordered 6 loaves of the Ezekiel (Sesame Style) tonight. They also have a store locator on the website and many other products as well. Ken Sweet
    my wife eats it.. etc.. very harty

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast