any one have any favorite signs

/ any one have any favorite signs #31  
I remembered one other sign that gave me a laugh. It was on the side of a septic tank service truck, and said, "We pump what the competition talks." Hmm...wonder what he meant? /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

/ any one have any favorite signs #32  
A friend of mine is a lawyer in California specializing in family law (a/k/a divorce/dissolution). She has two sets of business cards. The first is very straight and professional, as one would expect.

The second is the same as the first with one added line... a motto, if you will....

"Satifaction guaranteed or your honey back."

Not everyone gets one of those. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ any one have any favorite signs #33  
My Grandpa quit smoking while in his 80's /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif!
His extended family was on his case to quit for many decades. Finally, the family doctor told him he would die from his smoking so he deceided to quit. We all had several years of clean air before he passed on. I will always respect him for that.

Yooper Dave

/ any one have any favorite signs
Bumper sticker on back of old chevy pickup
"Friends don't let friends drive rice burners"

Plumbers truck sign: A royal flush beats a full house

Plumbing co motto here in bama
WE RE-PAIR WHAT YOUR HUSBAND fIXED

/ any one have any favorite signs #35  
Jinman.. I have one that goes w/ that.. I was getting my hair cut one day.. (years ago.. must've been in my 20's.. cocky young man).. the lady asked how I wanted my hair cut.. I said.. just make me irresistible.. she then pointed to the sign.. "I'm a beautician.. not a magician!" I had to laugh!

Another sign I remember from high school physics class.. simply said.. "THINK!" ..and like you said.. for some reason.. it stuck w/ me.

/ any one have any favorite signs
I was in atlata in 99 for training and on the local radio a fellow was telling one.
It seems he and his lil woman were at the theater and some lady answered her cell and was sitting behind them. Well, as she was talking poeple were shushing her. Finaly he looked over his shoulder and shushed her kinda loud and she responded hush I'm on the phone. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif
1.Fellow gets up grabs the phone walks to the lobby and tosses it in the trash.
2. lady gets manager he then tells both to leave with no refund?
I'd imagine the manager was worried about a law siut.
Me I'd like to have seen the manager give him to free passes to the movie of his choice and ban her for life....

My cell has a vibrate mode and I use it in puiblic places, resteraunts theaters so on. I can then receive the call without bothering others. If I need to answer, I see who it is and go out to a lobby or outside and call back if can't get it before they hang up.

but since there are those like this lady I would rather turn it off than to run into that.

By the way the number one gadget in a car that causes recks is still the radio as of last years info... by some studie group

/ any one have any favorite signs #37  
My 2 recent favorites are pretty local so might require some background.

1) Just after Vermont's pro-gay Civil Unions law passed a grass-roots conservative effort sprouted signs reading "Take Back Vermont" all around the state. A more-liberal effort countered with bumper stickers reading "Take Vermont Forward". My favorite ensued from this battle and read "Take Vermont from Behind".

2) A local ski area called Mad River Glen prides itself on its difficulty with distinctive red signs which read " Mad River Glen: Ski It If You Can". It is also one of the very few ski areas in the country which don't allow snow boarders . My second favorite is a blue sign in the exact style of the Mad River sign which reads "Mad River Glen: I'd board It If I Could".

/ any one have any favorite signs #38  
Just remembered another one . . .

I moved to Alaska just before they finished the pipeline, and the boom went bust. By then, the old time Alaskans were pretty well fed up with the hordes of oil workers that had infiltrated the state. The number one bumper sticker around Anchorage read:
<font color="green">
Happiness is a Texan headed south with an Oklahoman under each arm.</font>

SnowRidge

/ any one have any favorite signs #39  
A couple:

"Welcome to MAINE...Now go home" Also NH, VT, etc..

"Maine Native....Outnumbered but not outsmarted"

And my favorite, although you have to interpret it when you see it at 50% off sales:

"Women's clothing half off!"

/ any one have any favorite signs #40  
Thanks Richard, I wish it was as simple as making the decision, then doing it. I don't want to give anyone the impression that I was able to kick the habit without any problems.

You're too humble Bubba. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif