kinky tube

/ kinky tube #11  
is there a way to make this round? View attachment 292492
You could use the end of a ballpien hammer and hit that with another till it is close to round.
Cut the tube off about 12" back and weld them back together with the good end on the end of the tube.?
You would have to redrill the holes.

/ kinky tube #12  
^^^This is what I was thinkin too, and you really need to tack a smaller tube inside for strength. A size smaller tubing that fits snug inside it if that makes any sense. Just butting em together mite be not very strong

For that matter you could do the same as above but put a sleeve on the outside and weld it up good. Mite not look as sexy but pretty is as pretty does

/ kinky tube #13  
^^^This is what I was thinkin too, and you really need to tack a smaller tube inside for strength. A size smaller tubing that fits snug inside it if that makes any sense. Just butting em together mite be not very strong

For that matter you could do the same as above but put a sleeve on the outside and weld it up good. Mite not look as sexy but pretty is as pretty does

A sleeve tube inside would give you extra strength.
If you bevel the end of the tubes and leave a small gap about 1/16" between the ends you should have full penetration for the entire perimeter of the weld.
the sleeve inside would be added insurance though.
Butt welded pipe welded properly is as strong as the pipe itself if done properly.
I had to repair a trampoline for my brother and i drilled drain holes for water to the bottom side of the pipes every so often to minimize rust inside the pipe. we touched up the drill holes with some paint.
Good luck!

/ kinky tube #14  
I'd think that cutting off the bent part and welding in a new end would be better. Now that it is bent, that kinky tube will never be as strong as it was.

/ kinky tube #15  
I'd think that cutting off the bent part and welding in a new end would be better. Now that it is bent, that kinky tube will never be as strong as it was.

That would be good also.
He would have to have tubing bent/rolled to match the same radius.
The original tube was "bent" to get that curved shape. As long as there are no visible stress cracks he could heat the original tube and form it back to the roundest shape possible.
If it will be sleved with another inner pipe I think it should have plenty of strength still as long as it is not
split or cracked.
Just think roll cage tubing is bent and shaped all the time.?
Ends are squeezed and welded to other pipes all the time.?
Just my opinion.

/ kinky tube
this end of the tubing fits into the ground post which is a 1 7/8" piece of tubing. the fastening point is the screw hole. i really just need to get it to fit into the other piece. i'll try to bend it back with something first. if i could drive my tractor over it at the proper angle (trying to make this relevant) that might do it.

/ kinky tube #17  
Stick a broom handle into it and lay it down on the edge of an anvil or cement block or curb or driveway and just hit it gently with a hammer. After a few blows, you will get the idea....

/ kinky tube #18  
Put it on the horn of the anvil and hammer ir back to round, should be a quick job.

/ kinky tube #19  
anvil and broom handle are both hood ideas. steel pipe inserted in and light taps would work too. Don't beat it with the hammer. You also could heat it with a torch until orange and tap it out gently on the anvil horn, or a pipe mounted in a vise. Heating it in a forge is great too. Let it cool a bit before you stick it in water. -keep it from getting brittle