Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Elite Member
    Tractor
    Bobcat CT225

Default Re: 2013...Do or die for these four ???

Quote Originally Posted by mikehaugen View Post
    come to think of it... does anyone in these newer generations have ANY hobbies that doesn't involve texting or social media?
    That's the pot calling the kettle black, isn't it, seeing as you're on TBN!

Tractor
    2007 Kubota L3400

Quote Originally Posted by mikehaugen View Post
    I can't say I am surprised about radioshack, I haven't gone there for years. They have changed a lot, not even sure if the sell electronic "parts" anymore. Used to be kind of a cool niche... where else could you go any buy small resistors or capacitors. It seems electronics is somewhat of a dying hobby. People love electronics more than ever, but most would rather go buy a iPad or something than tinker with an oscilloscope.

come to think of it... does anyone in these newer generations have ANY hobbies that doesn't involve texting or social media?
    They do still sell them...
    I can actually remember 18 years ago we had a piece of Electronics that broke due to a $0.15 capacitor...
    And it was faster to drive to town and buy it than wait on the Marine Corps supply system......

Ahhh the memories!!
    "A Marine is a Marine. I set that policy two weeks ago there is no such thing as a former Marine. You're a Marine, just in a different uniform and you're in a different phase of your life."
    Gen James Amos, Commandant of the Marine Corps.

NRA Basic Pistol Instructor,SC CWP instructor, NRA,USPSA, Marine Corps Association, and Marine Corps League Member. I support the 2nd Amendment, don't you?

Tractor
    M 9540 Kubota

Quote Originally Posted by keegs View Post
    The sears washer and dryer, the dishwasher, refrig, oven, range hood all purchased after we did the addition to the house in 1999... all still work fine. I have a weed whacker I bought in 1996 that I still use. I bought an electric chain saw a few years ago ..best $100. I ever spent I think. Oh and the vacuum ...it's got some cracks in the housing after must be going on 15 years now but it still does the job..on our place in ME now.
    I like sears because ther stufff is consistantly good. Not always the cheapest but in my experience ..good.
    Me too.
    I'm more concerned about the DOLLAR surviving 4 more years!
    We need more people to WORK for a living and less people to VOTE for a living!
    (proven on 11/6/12)

Elite Member
    Tractor
    John Deere 1070

Quote Originally Posted by joshuabardwell View Post
    That's the pot calling the kettle black, isn't it, seeing as you're on TBN!
    I said does anyone have ANY other hobbies, meaning that is what their world revolves around. If TBN went away tomorrow (and I hope it doesn't) I have plenty of other things in life to keep me busy/ entertained. I do not have a smart phone, but can see their benefits- some people just live their lives on them and other gadgets.

While driving through residential areas, I don't hardly see any kids outside anymore, not like it was was I was growing up... and I am not that old.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123