2013...Do or die for these four ???

/ 2013...Do or die for these four ??? #2  
If they fall to the wayside a bigger entity will pop up in there place...

/ 2013...Do or die for these four ??? #3  
I can't say I am surprised about radioshack, I haven't gone there for years. They have changed a lot, not even sure if the sell electronic "parts" anymore. Used to be kind of a cool niche... where else could you go any buy small resistors or capacitors. It seems electronics is somewhat of a dying hobby. People love electronics more than ever, but most would rather go buy a iPad or something than tinker with an oscilloscope.

come to think of it... does anyone in these newer generations have ANY hobbies that doesn't involve texting or social media?

/ 2013...Do or die for these four ??? #4  
If they fall to the wayside a bigger entity will pop up in there place...
Yes, a definite possibility. Just a thought? Do you have any guesses or clues as to what Companies will be large enough to take over the reins if these Companies go under?

/ 2013...Do or die for these four ??? #5  
Yes, a definite possibility. Just a thought? Do you have any guesses or clues as to what Companies will be large enough to take over the reins if these Companies go under?

Just off the top of my head I would say,,

Sears = Wal-Mart, Home depot, Lowes, Dillard
Best Buy =Office max, Wal-Mart
J. C. Penny =Target, Kohl, Wal-Mart, Dillard
Radio Shack= Office Max , Target

J. C. Penny's maybe the only one that may stay in business,, they have made a lot of changes in the past few months,, but Target and Kohl is coming up fast.. I would add one more to the list.. that is Dillard..Lou

/ 2013...Do or die for these four ??? #6  
If you notice the square footage of giant stores keeps doubling and more diversity in the products they sell. Pretty soon one big store will be opened and all the little ones will be gone. It will be a monopoly just as the government keeps getting bigger and bigger. Price fixing will be more than likely and if you wan the productyou'll have to pay.... I'm talking 25 years from now so save this post for reference...:)

/ 2013...Do or die for these four ???
At one time JC Penny, Sears, and RadioShack all had business models that always offered large customer catalogs. I'm really surprised with all the online ordering people do this hasn't made a comeback to some extent considering the high cost of doing business as a brick and mortar store. Seem the more succcesful retailers like Cabelas and LL Bean and still do it well with paper catalogs. Even TSC has a free one. I just got a new Gemplers in the mail today. Always lots to look at.

Cheapo selected sales flyers are about the only type of out of store/in your face advertising you get to see from the others and something like the Sears/Craftsman virtual online catalog just isnt the same. Last time I sought out a Radio Shack catalog the "saleskid" told me they had a store copy only and that was it! Perusing Radio Shack's online inventory was just sad. I had the neatest little Radio Shack brand clamshell cased digital multi meter from them. No such luck replacing that I can see.

Oh as for Best Buy I never liked their sales style anyhow.

/ 2013...Do or die for these four ??? #9  
I too shop online more, I avoid the hassle, gain my own knowledge on the product, and have it delivered, ALWAYS less than any retail store. I do from time to time shop in the local stores owner owned, more so for customer service than price, but then again I have my price limits on my purchases, typically 10% over online is fine, anything else, I shop elsewhere.

/ 2013...Do or die for these four ??? #10  
all of my Christmas shopping this year was with online . Mostly Amazon . Never left the house