Tire chains for a Craftsman snowblower

/ Tire chains for a Craftsman snowblower #1  

RichZ

Veteran Member
White Creek, New York, Washington County, on the V
Tractor
Kubota 4630 with cab and loader
My friend has a Craftsman 5.0 22 inch snowblower. The tires are 4.10 - 4. She really needs tire chains on it, but when she went back to Sears for them,they told her that they don't make tire chains for it. Since Sears doesn't manufacturer their snowblowers, we don't believe that's true. The closest chains she found on line say the size is 4.10 x 350 x 4. Would these be the correct size? If not, is there someplace that has chains for 4.10 - 4 tires?

Thanks!!!!

/ Tire chains for a Craftsman snowblower #3  
yup any local mower shop would know or you can go to your local TSC store. Those walk behinds tires are easy to take off, so you can take one off and take it with you to local shop for faster service.

/ Tire chains for a Craftsman snowblower #5  
Never really needed chains on my snowblower. I guess if you had steep inclines they would be needed

/ Tire chains for a Craftsman snowblower #6  
Depending on what tires are on there, it might be worth getting something like the "Snow Hog" tires that come on most newer blowers. We went from a ancient 7/24 Sears with those size tires and chains to a 10/28 Craftsman with "Snow Hog" tires at the hotel I used to work for and they were about equal unless you were on ice.

Aaron Z