New Years food Traditions?

/ New Years food Traditions? #1  

deepNdirt

Veteran Member
Tractor
yanmar YM-1700
On each and every New year, We all hear from one and another about the many resolutions we make for the year, But what about our New years Food traditions? Who has a food tradition other than the Peas & Greens? here in the South or (at least our family) on the first day of every year we all gather and eat Black-eye Peas & Collard greens, as a tradition for good luck prosperity, Certainly not the best food in the world, But I cannot remember ever missing or changing this tradition, Is there any other New years traditions you Folks do on the first of each year?
Now excuse me while I got-a-get a serving of greens & peas :drool: :2cents::2cents:....
(((( Happy New Year too All )))) :drink:

/ New Years food Traditions? #2  
pork, chinlee for good luck.

/ New Years food Traditions? #3  
ham and beans , cornbread , spinach or cabbage .... supper in 3 hours :licking:

/ New Years food Traditions? #4  
Roast pork/Honey glazed ham/Yucca(cassava) with garlic and onions etc/ garlic/black beans and white rice/dirty rice/oven bake rolls/home made cakes/peanut butter cookies/egg nog(no booze)/sweet tea/Mexican ranchero enchilladas/gatorade/powerade/coffee/etc.

Ain't no wonder these days I ride a draft type horse.

Cassava - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Boone

Attachments

• 21364886354568f1b29fdeb.jpg
    21364886354568f1b29fdeb.jpg
    3.5 KB · Views: 149
   / New Years food Traditions? #5  
Since my wife is from the Philippines, we always start the new year with a full rice bin.

mark

/ New Years food Traditions? #6  
New Year's dinner has traditionally been standing rib roast, black eyed peas (actually we raise a few purple hulls and have those), taters and gravy, and often as not, bacon-wrapped, oven baked green beans. This year I went to buy a rib roast, and the Prime Rib roast I looked at was $135.00. I figured we would have to find a new tradition; but finally bought a Choice Rib Roast for $55.00...still more than I paid for my first car, but we held onto the tradition for another year. Needless to say, we aren't eating a lot of beef these days.

/ New Years food Traditions? #7  
Pork & sauerkraut with mashed taters and apple sauce.

/ New Years food Traditions? #8  
Pork (tenderloin) roasted in a covered pot with sauerkraut and onions. Potatoes and green peas. Biscuits.

Has to be pork and sauerkraut on New Year's Day for luck in the new year.