Direct from China...would you???

/ Direct from China...would you??? #11  
We've bought a few items direct from China. I bought a some LED ribbon light for the camper. I think I paid $25 for it including the remote control. That has been the most expensive thing. It came without an issue and worked fine -Well except I screwed up when installing it and cracked a solder joint so I ended up ordering "connectors" to fix the issue. Haven't had a chance to use them yet as the weather hasn't cooperated. I also just recently bought some LED bulbs to replace the incadescent bulbs in the lights in the interior of the camper. I only ordered 3 of them to see how they worked. At $3.19 each they were a pretty good deal. I want a little more use time on them and then I will probably order more. I just order an HDMI adaptor and a DVI connector from Amazon from a place in New Jersey. Guess where they were shipped from? Hong Kong. I was a little upset at that one, had I known they were coming from there, no problem, but I thought they were shipping from NJ, so was unaware that I had to wait for the boat.

/ Direct from China...would you??? #12  
No, I bought a DVD set a few years ago off Ebay and I had been buying all sorts of DVD sets there with no issues. Found a set that I wanted with a great price (way cheaper then anywhere else). I saw it was from China but took the chance and ended up getting a knock off DVD set. Case was similar but slightly different, DVD's were of poor quality and graphics were crap on them. They played but I don't know how well they will hold up as I haven't tried watching them lately. Poor quality DVDs end up not playing properly over time so I will eventually buy this set again just so I have the full collection but I learned my lesson. I buy only from US, Canada, Australia and European countries. Yeah, you may run into a dishonest seller but I have found there is a lot less risk then dealing with China or some of the other Asian countries :(

/ Direct from China...would you??? #13  
Last summer I purchased two 10" Android tablets direct from China for $150 each, including shipping. One of them has worked perfectly and we are very happy with it. The other one broke immediately -- would not hold a charge. Sent it back in warranty, but cost me $47 in USPS charges (now total of $197). The replacement one worked about a month and is now broke also. Have to send it back, $47+ again. so that one $150 tablet will cost me about $250. Was a good deal at first, but now not so good.
Sooo, always consider service and warranty exchange/shipping expenses.

/ Direct from China...would you??? #14  
DFB, I thought you were asking about purchasing a tractor implement. Something large and expensive like a backhoe, or some other 3ph implement.:D

/ Direct from China...would you??? #16  
I too have purchased several items from china. Electronics, sunglasses, batteries, flashlights, etc.. I've had great results. I've not, however had to return anything. That could be an issue.

Sent from my iPad using TractorByNet

/ Direct from China...would you??? #17  
I have recently bought some stuff from DealExtreme thru this site.

SiteMap - Worldwide Free Shipping - DX

EVERYTHING is free shipping. Takes a couple of weeks. You get an email confirmation of the order and you can check on the status and when it is shipped, it can be tracked via USPS.

The link above is the site map...so you can see how extensive the catalog is...Cost is significantly less than local purchase of what is apparently the same object. Many of the items are brand name items and since they are sourced in China, seems like the same thing to me.

Biggest item purchased so far is a battery for the laptop. At Fry's it's about $130, it was on sale at Best Buy for about $80 and it is $50 from DealExtreme.

Items are now arriving. I got reports from several folks on TBN that the site is reputable and delivers properly, given the transit time.

Wish I could find USA made stuff, but seems that now everything is made in China so I'm experimenting with purchasing direct this way.

/ Direct from China...would you??? #18  
I have recently bought some stuff from DealExtreme thru this site.

SiteMap - Worldwide Free Shipping - DX

EVERYTHING is free shipping. Takes a couple of weeks. You get an email confirmation of the order and you can check on the status and when it is shipped, it can be tracked via USPS.

The link above is the site map...so you can see how extensive the catalog is...Cost is significantly less than local purchase of what is apparently the same object. Many of the items are brand name items and since they are sourced in China, seems like the same thing to me.

Biggest item purchased so far is a battery for the laptop. At Fry's it's about $130, it was on sale at Best Buy for about $80 and it is $50 from DealExtreme.

Items are now arriving. I got reports from several folks on TBN that the site is reputable and delivers properly, given the transit time.

Wish I could find USA made stuff, but seems that now everything is made in China so I'm experimenting with purchasing direct this way.

Funny, I just got a package from them today :) Their lead time is long but the prices are off the hook.

Sent from my iPad using TractorByNet

/ Direct from China...would you???
   / Direct from China...would you??? #20  
Several years ago I bought some bulk D-rings and plastic buckles from a firm in China. They were the only reasonable choice for the quantities I needed, around 100 pieces costing less than 10% of the small-volume local cost. I paid by credit card and the items arrived in a plastic mail bag from Hong Kong in about a week. I'd do it again without hesitation for such low-tech items, but for anything needing a warranty I would order from a US supplier or buy locally.