Has anyone else here recieved this survey letter?

/ Has anyone else here recieved this survey letter? #1  

JDgreen227

Tractor
4210 MFWD Ehydro--'89 JD 318
Yesterday's mail delivered a very official-looking envelope from the Department of Health and Human Services, addressed to "Resident" at my address. The letter enclosed stated that the United States Public Health Service had selected 200,000 random addresses to participate in a national study on health-related issues. A firm named Research Triange Institute is under contract to carry out the study, and soon an RTI interviewer would be in my neighborhood to provide more information. A copy of a sample ID card used by interviewers is shown, and the interviewer will ask a few questions and then may ask one or two members of your household to complete an interview. It is possible that no one in your household will be chosen, and you may decline to be interviewed, Every person chosen who completes the interview will receive $30 in cash.

I did an extensive Google search and it appears the letter and survey and Research Triangle Institute are on the up-and-up. However, I just wish they would try to provide some method to set up an appointment time, because I detest people coming to my door at random times. According to what Google said, the majority of the interview questions are answered using the interviewers laptop computer and the process should take no more than an hour. Any comments? Thanks.

/ Has anyone else here recieved this survey letter? #2  
When they show up,you can set up an interview for some other time,or I think they leave a letter with contact info,if you aren't home.

/ Has anyone else here recieved this survey letter? #3  
RTI is legitimate. They are in RTP, NC and work on these sort of projects.

We have not received such a letter.

I personally do not answer most surveys. I surely am not answering what I would assume would be very personal question from a stranger knocking on my door. Our local school board has had numerous surveys over the years but they are online. Even then the questions are so useless that the only use of the survey is for the incompetent administration to toot its horn about how well things are going. The survey questions are setup to get very specific answers that make the administration look good. I said as much, as did others, when they did this a few years ago but they persist in this useless exercise.

Later,
Dan

/ Has anyone else here recieved this survey letter? #4  
Just say NO!

That is what I do...

David

/ Has anyone else here recieved this survey letter? #5  
Having been involved in administering several surveys in my former life, I am willing to participate in most surveys. I do so partly out of sympathy with the administrators, partly to study the designs of their survey instruments, and partly to glean what I can about their survey methodologies.

Steve

/ Has anyone else here recieved this survey letter? #6  
I answer surveys only to sway public policies and the politicians who blow in the wind according to the results. And I always give the "extreme" answer rather than the "middle of the road" answer to a "How important is the following to you...?" question. That is, if 200,000 surveys represent a country of 300 million, you are essentially casting a "vote" that speaks for 1500 other people. I wish my vote had that power during the general election. :confused3:

/ Has anyone else here recieved this survey letter? #8  
I don't do surveys....too private and I have -0- trust...too cynical ~ and I know everyone is out to get me but I am not paranoid...Am I ? :confused3:

Last edited:
   / Has anyone else here recieved this survey letter? #9  
I don't do surveys....too private and I have -0- trust...too cynical ~ and I know everyone is out to get me but I am not paranoid...Am I ? :confused3:

You are being paranoid. Respond to all surveys!!!!!

Sincerely,
Big Brother
big_brother.jpg

Last edited:
   / Has anyone else here recieved this survey letter?
Having been involved in administering several surveys in my former life, I am willing to participate in most surveys. I do so partly out of sympathy with the administrators, partly to study the designs of their survey instruments, and partly to glean what I can about their survey methodologies.

Steve

I tend to agree with this input...surely my opinions will be considered important for once, and I certainly use the $30 I am supposed to be paid. Hopefully I will NOT have to declare it as income....Oh---if I were that worried about Big Brother, I wouldn't be a Facebook member, nor have an Android phone...