Cheap A** manufacturers!!!

/ Cheap A** manufacturers!!! #11  
Right edge on lower part of mine.

/ Cheap A** manufacturers!!! #12  
Since we are pingin' on folks and airing our grievances, let me tell my pet peeve with TigerDirect. I've been a TigerDirect customer for many years and bought at least three computer systems from them and lots of add-ons. After you make a purchase, you automatically become a member of their "Daily Spam Email Club." I don't mind that because I can easily drag and delete those emails if I'm not interested. Lately, I've been watching the HDTV ads for 40" to 42" LED TVs. I've been waiting for Christmas to be over so prices would drop. In the past week, I've seen at least four HDTV deals that looked good by the detailed title of the email. When I click on the attached ad page, I go to their website and it always takes me to somewhere I don't really want to be. After detailed searching I can usually find the item they have listed in their email, but there's no price shown. Of course the price is in the email title, but you can't be sure until you actually see it. So, you put the item in your cart and look at the cart, right? WRONG! The idiots make you go to checkout before you can find out the price.:mad: I refuse to play that game. If I can find the item and price without going to too much trouble, I'll look at the item's details more. However, if I can't find the item quickly, I just close the website and forget it. I'm not going to browse through hundreds of items I don't want or need in search of some obscure deal that they try to hide. I like TigerDirect, but hate their spam marketing techniques.

/ Cheap A** manufacturers!!! #13  
Have a new Samsung 50". On the bottom of the frame on the right side is a tiny depression and it works like a joy stick. I think pulled forward is on, back is off, left is vol and right is channel. Maybe your Vizio is comparible. Good luck...

/ Cheap A** manufacturers!!!
OK, OK, I stand corrected on two counts. Fist, I stated it was a 36" and it was a 32". Secondly, the controls were there on the left side behind the screen. When I passed over them the first time, they looked like vents for drawing air in. They are in a very odd place though, much further on the back of the panel than the other 2 Vizios that we've got. If this TV were mounted on the wall it would be downright tough to get to those switches. Both of the other Vizios have the switches right on the right side of the bezel. Only weird thing about them is that the input selector and the power switch are reversed between the two.

So, Sorry Vizio. It wasn't the set I had gone to buy, but they were out of my first choice so I found this one. It'll do fine for what I want it for. I'm becoming so used to company's cutting corners on things that I'm starting to see things that aren't there...

Mike

/ Cheap A** manufacturers!!! #15  
OK guys, what did I miss?? I though us fellas where supposed to "only" use the remote anyhooo:confused3: We're are known, or said to be remote "hoes":D

Last edited:
   / Cheap A** manufacturers!!! #16  
OK guys, what did I miss?? I though us fellas where supposed to "only" use the remote anyhooo:confused3: Where are known, or said to be remote "hoes":D

Remember when someone would have to get up off their butt and rotate the tunner?
'Color' tv didn't exist.

/ Cheap A** manufacturers!!! #17  
Remember when someone would have to get up off their butt and rotate the tunner?
'Color' tv didn't exist.

You mean when tuners only had channels 2-13 and went "clunk! clunk! clunk!" as you turned them? Do you remember that most tuners had a fine tuning dial behind the ''clunking" one? The old Muntz TVs were an engineering marvel and a nightmare to fix.

/ Cheap A** manufacturers!!! #18  
You mean when tuners only had channels 2-13 and went "clunk! clunk! clunk!" as you turned them? Do you remember that most tuners had a fine tuning dial behind the ''clunking" one? The old Muntz TVs were an engineering marvel and a nightmare to fix.

You know I had forgoten about the fine tuning dial (I'm taking your lead here of only one 'n' in tuning). Adjusting the rabbit ears was a true art form.
The good ol' days eh?

/ Cheap A** manufacturers!!! #19  
(I'm taking your lead here of only one 'n' in tuning).

I count two 'n's.;) :laughing: That reminds me of a friend I have named Greg. Of course some people spell it 'Gregg' instead. One time I was writing his name and asked, "One 'g' or two 'g's. He said, "Two 'g's. How do you spell it with only one?":confused3: I had to admit that he got me there.:ashamed:

/ Cheap A** manufacturers!!! #20  
I count two 'n's.;) :laughing: That reminds me of a friend I have named Greg. Of course some people spell it 'Gregg' instead. One time I was writing his name and asked, "One 'g' or two 'g's. He said, "Two 'g's. How do you spell it with only one?":confused3: I had to admit that he got me there.:ashamed:

I came upon a burning bush and a voice spoke to me,
"Pal you can't spell for ****. I'm going to create Spell Check just for you".
I understood his meaning. I'm just too lazy to use it. :eek: