Sig P239 - Whats a good used price?

/ Sig P239 - Whats a good used price? #1  

thatguy

Elite Member
Tractor
John Deere 2320
I found a local pawn shop that has 2 used Sig P239's (9mm and .40) that are in really good condition... I am interested in adding another 239 to the family but have no idea with everything going on what a fair price is?

Anyone know what a fair price would be for a used P239? They are asking $600 and $625 and the last time i checked I saw them at gun shows selling in the $800 area NEW - IIRC..

A month ago i thought that they would be worth something in the $550 area - With all that is going on I have no idea what its worth today..

Any idea how much a pawn shop can come off the price?

Thoughts?

Brian

/ Sig P239 - Whats a good used price? #2  
I know what you mean, gun prices seem to be jumping right now, before all of this my guess would of been in the $500 or so range. I never really got use to mine, so my son has it now. Have you checked Gunbroker?

/ Sig P239 - Whats a good used price?
Gunbroker is anywhere between $600 and +$800 - BUT those are the reserve or 'buy it now' pricing.. I dont know what price they are actually selling for..

I really dont need another pistol - I already have a p230, p239, and a p228 - I think i was just caught up in the panic buying...

Right now i think i will hold out and buy another AR-15 (i have 3 uppers for only 1 lower) - If i can buy one that i really like i would sell my original 5.56 upper (i havent shot it in about 8 to 10 yrs i bet).. That would give me 2 lowers for 3 uppers..

Brian

/ Sig P239 - Whats a good used price? #4  
Gunbroker is anywhere between $600 and +$800 - BUT those are the reserve or 'buy it now' pricing.. I dont know what price they are actually selling for..

I really dont need another pistol - I already have a p230, p239, and a p228 - I think i was just caught up in the panic buying...

Right now i think i will hold out and buy another AR-15 (i have 3 uppers for only 1 lower) - If i can buy one that i really like i would sell my original 5.56 upper (i havent shot it in about 8 to 10 yrs i bet).. That would give me 2 lowers for 3 uppers..

Brian

I know what you mean, I ordered a Glock G22 Friday and put in an order for some extra magazines. I have several Glocks, so I want compatibility. I have several Sigs also and really like them. I only have one AR and it's a HBAR. I may get a different upper as there are no lowers available in my area. I also have a Sig556. I don't really "need" the ones I have, but you know how that goes.

/ Sig P239 - Whats a good used price? #5  
I traded my 9mm p239 in 2 years ago for a lightly used 40 cal H&K p2000 at the time my dealer gave me $515

Dave

/ Sig P239 - Whats a good used price? #6  
A few years ago I spent 550.00 on a 239. Great pistol btw, I have it in 40. Its my daily carry.

/ Sig P239 - Whats a good used price? #7  
With standard sights, you should be able to find them in the mid to upper $500 range if you look and wait. If you want one, $600 isn't that bad if it's it really great shape.

Picked up a nice German made 228 with triple serial numbers matching for $525 last month.

Everything that is "going on" right now I really don't see affecting pistol pricing so much. Added the fact that the 238 takes sub 10 round mags. Now, try to find hi cap mags for a 226 or 228/229, good luck charlie OR you will pay through the nose for them right now (anyone mention the 100 pmags that sold for $7,500:eek: the other week on gunbroker?)

Take a semi auto black rifle in the $600 -$1,200 a couple of months ago, and you can pretty much double or triple that price right now.

I got lucky with some hi capacity P229 mags the week... Stopped by a local gun shop and they had two 13 rd mags (both Sig stamped - one was made in germany) for $35 each in the back - not great, but decent in todays times

I think they had been around for a while since they were stampeld 'leo only' with a '94 date from the previous AWB.. Online they are pushing $40 or up for the 10 rd mags

Brian

With standard sights, you should be able to find them in the mid to upper $500 range if you look and wait. If you want one, $600 isn't that bad if it's it really great shape.

Picked up a nice German made 228 with triple serial numbers matching for $525 last month.

Everything that is "going on" right now I really don't see affecting pistol pricing so much. Added the fact that the 238 takes sub 10 round mags. Now, try to find hi cap mags for a 226 or 228/229, good luck charlie OR you will pay through the nose for them right now (anyone mention the 100 pmags that sold for $7,500:eek: the other week on gunbroker?)

Take a semi auto black rifle in the $600 -$1,200 a couple of months ago, and you can pretty much double or triple that price right now.

/ Sig P239 - Whats a good used price? #9  
I saw this weekend on sigs website that the 238 has a recall notice. Not the 239.

7-25-13 UPDATE

I went back to the gun shop today and they had dropped the price on the P239 .40 down to $595..

I asked what was the best price they could do.. The owner came back with $550 out the door - cash (but then let me have it for the same price on a CC, i didnt have that much cash with me)..

So now I am the proud owner of a P239 .. This one has West Germany stamped on the frame - mine first one has New Hampshire on the frame.. Anyone know why this is different?

thanks

brian