Anyone remember the 'Scoopmobile'?

/ Anyone remember the 'Scoopmobile'? #1  

alchemysa

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota B1550HSD
A Scoopmobile was the first articulated loader I ever saw and, as a kid, it mesmerized me. Scoopmobile virtually invented articulated loaders over 50 years ago. I never expected to see one again, let alone one in operating condition for sale. So I was amazed to see this one today out the front of a farm not far from our shack in South Australia. Asking price is $13000 o.no. I'm not in the market for one but I hope it goes to a good home.

Delivery date on the brass plate was April 1965, so this one is about 48 years old. Compare it to 50 year old farm tractors and you'll perhaps appreciate how amazing it was. Also interesting is the Drott 4in1 bucket which was an option available way back then.

This NZ website I found on Google says I "Operational LD3 Scoomobiles are today a rarity. The author has not seen a mobile example in at least 10 years and would be interested to know if any of our readers have a working unit left, tucked away somewhere."
The Hewco LD3 Scoopmobile

Attachments

• Photo411.jpg
    Photo411.jpg
    160.3 KB · Views: 734
  • Photo410.jpg
    Photo410.jpg
    136.3 KB · Views: 915
   / Anyone remember the 'Scoopmobile'? #3  
Yes, we still have an LD5 & have been negotiating on an LD9 - Scoopmobiles go forever.......taking only the occasional "rest"

/ Anyone remember the 'Scoopmobile'? #4  
I have driven articulated equipment since I was 18. This is my current machine. Love it!

PT425AndMe.jpg