Smart phone decisions..

/ Smart phone decisions.. #1  

thatguy

Elite Member
Tractor
John Deere 2320
My wife and I are upgrading to smartphones in February when we are eligible for our Verizon upgrade.

I am consider the following phones and wanted to get input from anyone about the pro's and con's of each

1) Motorola Razr Maxx (same as the razr but with a bigger battery)

2) Samsung Galaxy S3

3) Iphone 5

I am really leaning toward the Razr Maxx due to the longer battery life - but still open.. We are Mac/Apple users, but there is an app for Android phones that allow you to load your iTunes onto the droid phone.

Thoughts. Suggestions

Brian

/ Smart phone decisions.. #2  
Motorola makes the best portable communications devices

/ Smart phone decisions.. #3  
Some say the Razr, might be a bit better phone ( I have one and the phone works well and way better as a phone than the blackberry I had.) but others will say the apple has more and better apps, but well there are thousands of apps for the droid too..so... Here is something else a friend told me and you should consider it. He said he has always been able to sell previous versions of the Apple phones on e-bay for a significant portion of what he paid for them.. It is something to consider, and I had not considered that. Overall the Razr is cool and the Iphone is cool.. you pays your money and ya takes your choice.:)

/ Smart phone decisions.. #4  
The S3 is the best selling android smartphone yet. I really do not think you can't go wrong with any of them (although I prefer android). I like the removable batteries and extra storage capacity of many androids. The s3 runs samsung's touch wiz and the razr is motorolla's skin on android. From what I hear the razr's/motorolla's skin of android is very minimal and does not mess with the OS much at all. I am a guy that mods my phones so it really does not make much difference to me what the manufacturer puts on them to start. Android phones allow for incredible customizing, Iphones are more locked down. Some people (like me) will tweak on the phone so the android makes sense. The iphones are great phones too, especially if you are a person who never messes with things or tweaks them.
P.S. The funny thing about motorolla is they were purchased by google, but google has kept them seperated out of its android development. Google used LG for the NEXUS 4.
Dave

/ Smart phone decisions.. #5  
I am a very careful shopper no matter what I buy and I chose the Droid Razr Maxx as ny new device about 3 months ago. The screen size is ideal and battery life is far superior to what I had expected. My nephew recently got a Galaxy S3 and he raves about it. Wife had an Iphone 4 that I tried out, but I didn't care for it as it didn't feel right in my hand. About apps, I read recently there are over 700,000 apps for Android devices . Agree with what OKnewguy says, you cannot go wrong with any of those choices.

For what it's worth I have only one gripe about my Droid...while the 8mp camera takes fantastic pictures and while the next shot can be taken almost immediately, the shutter lag is really bad. There may be an app to remedy that but I have only installed one on mine (Facebook). If you do get a Droid, check to see if it already has the upgrade to Android 4.0.4, mine had to have the upgrade installed.

/ Smart phone decisions.. #6  
Droid RAZR maxx HD here n I love it!

/ Smart phone decisions.. #7  
I started with a Moto Q. ran through two iPhones, and have bricked a Samsung S3. The S3, Android based, is the better of the tweaking devices if your into that, and in MY area with Verizon, unmatched in LTE (4g) coverage. It fits very nice into the phone, tablet, computer architecture for the house and business needs. For technology playing, Android based devices, and for MY personal use - the Galaxy series from Samsung, cutting edge, way cool features, great ease of use and form factors.

/ Smart phone decisions.. #8  
The iPhone 5 has not had great reviews. I have a iPhone 4S that has been trouble free. I will never own anything that is Microsoft based ever again. That eliminates many other phones. jMO

/ Smart phone decisions.. #10  
Either Android phone over an iPhone! I love my Motorola Atrix HD. Motorola phones have a better battery life and get better reception. My wife has a Galaxy Ace II-x (probably a Canadian variant of the Ace line) and drops calls all the time. We're in a marginal area for coverage and my Atrix is a super star.