Could you possibly live in a 280 square foot apartment?

/ Could you possibly live in a 280 square foot apartment? #1  

JDgreen227

Tractor
4210 MFWD Ehydro--'89 JD 318
Today's local news has a story about a 31 year old man who lives in a 280 square foot apartment a few blocks from NYC's Times Square, and it goes on to quote the guy as saying: "There really isn't time to let things accumulate because where would I put them." I am composing this in a master bedroom that measures 270 square feet and it makes me laugh to think about trying to cram even a part of what I own into this room. But I see the fellow's point...if you don't have the room for 'stuff" you probably won't buy it in the first place...keeping your life much simpler and enabling you to concentrate on more important things. Maybe 25 years ago my dad told me that while it was nice to own stuff, after a while you had to devote so much time to making room and caring for the stuff, it owned YOU instead.

Sad thing is, my dad's advice didn't make any sense to me back then, but the older I get the better I understand the meaning. :laughing:

/ Could you possibly live in a 280 square foot apartment? #2  
I could not live there. Or any apartment for that matter. I would sooner live in a cave with the bats and the bugs then an apartment.

/ Could you possibly live in a 280 square foot apartment? #3  
JD i don't know if i could do that or not but if things keep going the direction that they are in a few years i might get to find out:confused:

/ Could you possibly live in a 280 square foot apartment? #4  
I guess I could live in a 280 sqft cabin in the woods, but not an apartment in the city.

/ Could you possibly live in a 280 square foot apartment? #5  
I dunno... My 5th wheel is 27', by ~8' wide, or 216sqft.

Wouldn't want to, but I could out of necessity. Sure would be a change in life style. And, a lot less stuff.

/ Could you possibly live in a 280 square foot apartment? #6  
My wife and 2 kids lived in a 580 square foot mobile home, and my wife and I lived in 880 square feet in our metal building before we built the house. 280 square feet would be really hard to live in. Thats about the size of a motel room I think.

/ Could you possibly live in a 280 square foot apartment?
I have a 30' TT, actual interior space is 27'X7.5' and every time my ex and I would get home from a camping trip I would walk in the house and think "D*** this place sure is HUGE....." :laughing:

/ Could you possibly live in a 280 square foot apartment? #8  
Haven't you heard of the Tiny House?

01_bodega_1024x1024.jpg

Bodega Plans | Tumbleweed Tiny House Company

/ Could you possibly live in a 280 square foot apartment? #9  
We are actually considering building a tiny house on the farm. Ours will be a little bigger (600 - 700 sq ft) but the idea is the same. The problem we find with the micro home wave is that many are over-finished in that too much money is spent on the interior finish. I'm not talking about living with untaped drywall but some these homes are finished with very nice interior finish, many times nicer than my current home.

/ Could you possibly live in a 280 square foot apartment? #10  
I agree, 280 sq ft would be really cramped... But like what was already said, living in the city would be the harder part for me.