What feature would you want to add to your smartphone?

/ What feature would you want to add to your smartphone? #1  

JDgreen227

Tractor
4210 MFWD Ehydro--'89 JD 318
After owning Blackberries in various models since 2001, I switched to a Droid Razr Maxx late last year. While the new device is far superior to my older ones in many ways there is one feature I really miss, the lack of a dedicated Menu function. My old Curve had a menu key that when pressed would bring up an entire list of functions, such as Compose Email, Compose PIN, Compose SMS, Compose MMS, Search, View Saved Messages, etc.

My Droid has 3 different email accounts linked to it, Gmail, Hotmail, and AOL, and there is no standardization meaning the icons and touch screen functions are different for every one and many are not even visible so you have to guess where they are. I have deleted or put on draft hundreds of messages by mistake. Like on AOL...the area you touch to send or delete a reply email are side by side...inane. If I could add a dedicated Menu feature the device would be far more user friendly to me.

What would you want to add to YOUR smartphone?

Last edited:
   / What feature would you want to add to your smartphone? #2  
I had a Blackberry as well from my employer. They just switched us to iPhone 5. I REALLY miss the Blackberry keyboard.... but that is all I miss. It was slow on the web and the screen was too small. The iPhone touchscreen keyboard is flat with straight key rows. The Blackberry was raised with curved key rows. Much more ergonomic and the feedback in your fingertips from pushing an actual button was so much better. But now, the iPhone with 4GLTE is crazy fast, the screen is twice as big and the camera works pretty well, too. I would never go back to a Blackberry now.

/ What feature would you want to add to your smartphone? #3  
I also had a Blackberry with my former employer. It did everything I needed, and then some. Web access was kind of clunky, but I rarely used it...mostly just phone and email.
I don't like the touchscreen phones...to me the interface is not very intuitive, and having large hands/fingers I find them hard to navigate. At least the Blackberry had a real keyboard and you could use a pen tip to type on it. Stepson felt sorry for me not having a personal cellphone, gave me his old I-phone. Didn't like it, couldn't get used to it, sitting in a drawer somewhere.

/ What feature would you want to add to your smartphone? #4  
JDgreen227 -

I don't mind the separate email apps myself, but I'm sure you could download a third-party email app that would pull from all your accounts. That way you would only have to learn and deal with one interface.

What would I add to MY smartphone? The ability to remote-start my tractor!

/ What feature would you want to add to your smartphone? #5  
JDgreen227 -

I don't mind the separate email apps myself, but I'm sure you could download a third-party email app that would pull from all your accounts. That way you would only have to learn and deal with one interface.

What would I add to MY smartphone? The ability to remote-start my tractor!
oh i bet you can do that now! i know there are remote car starters that will let you start
you car from a smart phone.
pretty expensive, and i believe there's a subscription charge for the service.
but i bet someone can adapt it to a tractor!

/ What feature would you want to add to your smartphone? #6  
My smartphone needs to be able to read my mind so I don't have to "type" aka peck at the keyboard. :laughing::laughing::laughing:

I am really impressed that it can understand my speech...

Later,
Dan

/ What feature would you want to add to your smartphone? #7  
I want it to be able to call home and tell me where I left it.

/ What feature would you want to add to your smartphone? #8  
I want it to be able to call home and tell me where I left it.

I use an app on my Android (Galaxy Nexus) called "Lookout". If I lose my phone, I can log in to their website and get a map showing me where it is. Haven't had to use it for real yet as I typically lose the phone "locally" and can just dial it and listen.

Lookout also has a "SCREAM" function where if you're sure it's around the house but can't hear it ringing for example, you can tell it to SCREAM and the noise the phone makes gets progressively louder until it really is almost screaming!

/ What feature would you want to add to your smartphone? #9  
I would add a feature, where they would not work in restaurants, or at the dinner table unless an emergency call. A defeat feature so no txt, game, or call. Make that feature work if a person is within 3 feet of you, and vice versa.

Maybe call it an "etiquette feature", since so many "phone" users don't have any.

/ What feature would you want to add to your smartphone? #10  
I would add a feature, where they would not work in restaurants, or at the dinner table unless an emergency call. A defeat feature so no txt, game, or call. Make that feature work if a person is within 3 feet of you, and vice versa.

Maybe call it an "etiquette feature", since so many "phone" users don't have any.

Add movie theaters to the list.