What TBN use to be like

/ What TBN use to be like #121  
Shoot-- the was a day when you could by a FARM for 10 grand-- as my father often reminded me...

our farm, 116 acres, $16,000 and I have the letter written from my grandfather to the realtor stating his concerns he was paying too much.
1939, a bit before most of us were around.

/ What TBN use to be like #123  
Tractor owners are no different than anyone else

WHOA!! That's outright blasphemy! I thought everyone here knew full well that anyone who owns a tractor-- or even people who publically aspire to own a tractor-- are clearly on an enlightened path. I would suggest to the moderators here that they call you in immediately to undergo the member initiation process so that you might see the light and refrain from expressinig any such sentiments in the future. :thumbsup: :laughing:

/ What TBN use to be like #124  
Back in '74 my dad purcvhased the property I live on now, 11 acres with a 900 square foot house, 2 large dairy barns and a middle sized one, a detached garage and a chicken coop, all for $34,900. He could have purchased the 11 acres next to it on a corner (vacant) for $15,000 more. That property had 450' of frontage on a paved road on one side and 1000' on a paved road on the "L" side....I wish he had purchased it because the most recent lot that was sold on that was only .43 acres and it went for $25,900.....!!!!!

/ What TBN use to be like #125  
WHOA!! That's outright blasphemy! I thought everyone here knew full well that anyone who owns a tractor-- or even people who publically aspire to own a tractor-- are clearly on an enlightened path. I would suggest to the moderators here that they call you in immediately to undergo the member initiation process so that you might see the light and refrain from expressinig any such sentiments in the future. :thumbsup: :laughing:

You are so right......I've been told....GOD owns a tractor!:laughing::tractor::laughing:

/ What TBN use to be like #126  
You are so right......I've been told....GOD owns a tractor!:laughing::tractor::laughing:

Not only that, I have it from a reliable source it's a green machine....:laughing:

/ What TBN use to be like #127  
Not only that, I have it from a reliable source it's a green machine....:laughing:

Wow....I didn't know he drove an older Yanmar.......I suspected he might have had a Deere! Go figure!:laughing::laughing::laughing:

/ What TBN use to be like #128  
Heck our first house cost $20K and that was only 1985.

come visit our old neighborhood - my first house, purchased in '03 was a "steal at 53k". Its now on the market and the most recent offer was 9,000. :eek:

/ What TBN use to be like #129  
Either you made a typo or your old neighborhood has really gone downhill.

/ What TBN use to be like #130  
Either you made a typo or your old neighborhood has really gone downhill.

Sadly, its due to a huge amount of foreclosures/abandoned houses that have become low income rentals, white flight, etc. Our old urban neighborhood was slowly becoming cleaner and nicer until the housing mess. We relocated to another city for work and have been stuck with the first house for 3 years now. Tenants have just about destroyed it, and the only people buying houses in the area are out of state investors looking for rental units. They're not paying much for property management so the properties are never repaired or improved. Its just a vicious cycle.
Its weird to find yourself thinking, "I wish I'd gotten out when the house was still worth 25k!" LOL