What TBN use to be like

/ What TBN use to be like #211  
I haven't seen it yet. Seems like they're trying to do the humor-romance-horror combo like Zombie Land (which is in my top 10 movie list). Wonder if they pull it off as well as Zombie Land?

i won't give away anything on warm bodies since you havn't seen it yet... but I can say that i liked warm bodies and zombie land about the same amount.

both were, as you say, humor based zombie movies.

I liked them both WAY better than 'sean' of the dead.

/ What TBN use to be like #212  
I've only seen part of Sean of the Dead. Didn't do much for me, but I did like Paul and Hot Fuzz by those same two guys.

/ What TBN use to be like #213  
warm bodies will be a lil more action than zombie land.. ZL is more about human interpersonal relationships with zombies as a complicating factor.

WB is more like a traditional zombie movie where it's about human survival.. however.. there is a twist and the movie develops a 2ndary plot that eclipses the primary plot by the end. the humor in WB at times is about equal in 'camp-ness' to ZL.

/ What TBN use to be like #214  
uh, is there something going on in the air "down there" you guys are exposed to?
Or is this mowing down the zombies a Southern tradition? Just trying to get a grip on this...

I had a funny thought thinking that sometimes when I venture into friendly politics I should be wearing my
logging helmet or maybe a welding helmet for protection. I'm not too good on the punching bag but I try to
contribute from the sidelines... And then I thought of our good friend Roy with the horns on his hat/head that I like so much, and I chuckled that yes if you give him a poke, you will get one of those horns back...:D Maybe we should all don our favorite headgear first...
Indian feathers? Hmm, something tells me that's not PC any more. But don't change a feather Trout or Pine. A comfy old leather football helmet? Fireman's helmet: I know personally they will take some knocks.

I think we all need to keep in mind that when we "come out of there" to mentally switch some gears, before saying someone is a butthead on a welding forum because of what he said in a "closed" forum. Like Las Vegas, it really needs to stay in there.

I think the expansion of this site into "related" areas has made it much more interesting. Like a big shopping center, I can go where I want.
And if I walk in a smoke filled bar with a dancing pole in it, well, remember, it's Las Vegas...
Most of us come here to relax, learn something and be entertained, in some way. Civility was simply taken for granted in the 'early days" it appears. Now we have to remind everyone occasionally, particularly when new members like myself come on. I didn't understand the 'rules" well enough, and albeit truthfully, flamed an advertiser that got me in hot water. And embarrassed myself to some degree.
Won't do that again, and now I try to think twice before I type once.

/ What TBN use to be like #215  
I think we all need to keep in mind that when we "come out of there" to mentally switch some gears, before saying someone is a butthead on a welding forum because of what he said in a "closed" forum. Like Las Vegas, it really needs to stay in there..

what bothers me about the welding forum is when 1 poster tells others that if they use an AC machine that are making a bad choice, are embarrissed about their machine, and other negative comments. like tractor brand.. some things are simple choice.. or purchased in a budget to fill a need.

the average farm owner needing to buzz some 1/2" plate togehter in the wind with a lil rain approaching can do spo perfectly fine with a CHEAP beefy ac stick welder and some 6011 rod. he doesn't need a spendy 400a DC machine that has mig and tig.. etc. ;) I know that must bother the real welders out there somehow.. :) ;)

/ What TBN use to be like #216  
what bothers me about the welding forum is when 1 poster tells others that if they use an AC machine that are making a bad choice, are embarrissed about their machine, and other negative comments.

I no longer post or reply to threads in the welding forum... for a variety of reasons, including negativity.

/ What TBN use to be like #219  
May we learn from yesterday
So that we can enjoy today
And preserve for tomorrow
The best of what we have.

just made that up. Good coffee....:eek:

ok, upon not much needed inflection, this sounds perilously close to about a million graduation
speeches...somewhere in my subconscious ad nauseum.
But for those of us who like
"older" machinery, the words ring true.

Last edited:
   / What TBN use to be like #220  
I was going through papers the other day and ran across these and it brought me back to what TBN use to be like. This board was a fun, friendly, family like place. There was hardly any negative posts, everyone treated each other with respect and we all got along regardless if we agreed with something or not.

These cards were sent to me when I fell and broke my back in 2007. There were 4 of them in all, my friends on here took the time to discuss doing something to help lift my spirits while I was down and out. They sent the card from member to member for each to sign and eventually send to me. I never knew this was happening till I received the cards. It was a great gesture and one I will never forget. Sadly I know some of the guys who signed the cards are no longer with us and others just don't post on here much anymore but there are a lot of familar names most of you will recognize.

These boards have grown and while it is nice coming on here and know you can get an answer quickly for just about any question I miss the personal feel this board use to have.

Thank you again to all my friends on here. View attachment 301239View attachment 301240View attachment 301241View attachment 301242View attachment 301243View attachment 301244

I remember doing that. It was quite a lot of work rounding up the next person if you were not close and getting it done.

Glad you kept them.

It's a different board now.