Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1320212223
    Tractor
    Kubota BX2230

Default Re: What TBN use to be like

I wonder who started the Gear vs HST debate...

I think I may have been guilty of starting that quite a time ago,under my own name but I lost all my passwords and stuff and was computerless for quite a while so I re-joined when we sold our farm and moved up here to Bundaberg.
    The Bear lives here...

Tractor
    ShovelandBarrow

Quote Originally Posted by Loudo View Post

Probably related to the guy who started the "FREE estimates!" craze.
    ____
    Jay

Elite Member
    Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by MossRoad View Post
    You need to be more positive!
    I am!

Super Star Member
    Tractor
    JD 4700

Quote Originally Posted by Loudo View Post

I think I may have been guilty of starting that quite a time ago,under my own name but I lost all my passwords and stuff and was computerless for quite a while so I re-joined when we sold our farm and moved up here to Bundaberg.
    I think there has been more than one Gear vs HST debate but a good doctor from SC started a very long running and entertaining thread on the discussion.

Later,
    Dan

Tractor
    Kubota L5740HSTC, Massey Ferguson 2615

Quote Originally Posted by MasseyWV View Post
    respect. Boy that would be nice. Perhaps Aretha Franklin should sing it again.

I am very hesitant to post in the Front Porch any more because several folk there feel
    personally obligated to not only attack the ideas presented, but often including a totally unnecessary
    personal attack to top off the message. Very antagonistic, no matter how smart they are.

I'll stick with the welding forum, where I am a newbie with everything to learn, and other mechanical issues.
    Maybe there was some brand harping going on there before, but I've always found the welding guys super helpful
    and just as nice as can be.

just like we teach our kids, let's respect each other and try to keep the Golden Rule in mind.
    Now I know that's utterly impossible for the Ford-Chevy-Dodge guys, and maybe even for the greens and reds and oranges and...
    One can always get one's point across without being nasty or getting personal. Or not apparently.

I can't wait to log on and see "what's new". Nobody got their tractor or combine stuck today? Ok. Any engines fail today? Ok.
    Any new pics of welds to aspire to? Who just got their dream tractor delivered? Is "Joe" feeling better today?
    all the normal stuff. And yes, once in a while we all should welcome new members.

And what I think is really neat is that more and more lady farmers are posting. They're smart, they don't go past the Front Porch,
    since they know it's a non-alcoholic saloon in there...

I also think that MarkCuda brought up a core issue here, and I don't think he was being insensitive about it.
    I've been on this forum only about a year, and I've made what I feel are about a dozen new friends. Many
    personal messages. Now these aren't "inner circle" friends, but I'd invite any of those folk into my home
    with nothing but delight. I think that's part of the fun of this forum. In some ways like traveling without going anywhere when
    someone from Canada or France or UK or Australia chimes in.

And I hope over the years I get to make more friends here. That's something to look forward to. Looking back only gets you so far...
    As long as we learn from things.
    Last edited by daugen; 04-02-2013 at 08:07 AM. Reason: typo

Tractor
    John Deere 2032r

Quote Originally Posted by daugen View Post

respect. Boy that would be nice. Perhaps Aretha Franklin should sing it again.

I am very hesitant to post in the Front Porch any more because several folk there feel
    personally obligated to not only attack the ideas presented, but often including a totally unnecessary
    personal attack to top off the message. Very antagonistic, no matter how smart they are.

I'll stick with the welding forum, where I am a newbie with everything to learn, and other mechanical issues.
    Maybe there was some brand harping going on there before, but I've always found the welding guys super helpful
    and just as nice as can be.

just like we teach our kids, let's respect each other and try to keep the Golden Rule in mind.
    Now I know that's utterly impossible for the Ford-Chevy-Dodge guys, and maybe even for the greens and reds and oranges and...
    One can always get one's point across without being nasty or getting personal. Or not apparently.

I can't wait to log on and see "what's new". Nobody got their tractor or combine stuck today? Ok. Any engines fail today? Ok.
    Any new pics of welds to aspire to? Who just got their dream tractor delivered? Is "Joe" feeling better today?
    all the normal stuff. And yes, once in a while we all should welcome new members.

And what I think is really neat is that more and more lady farmers are posting. They're smart, they don't go past the Front Porch,
    since they know it's a non-alcoholic saloon in there...

I also think that MarkCuda brought up a core issue here, and I don't think he was being insensitive about it.
    I've been on this forum only about a year, and I've made what I feel are about a dozen new friends. Many
    personal messages. Now these aren't "inner circle" friends, but I'd invite any of those folk into my home
    with nothing but delight. I think that's part of the fun of this forum. In some ways like traveling without going anywhere when
    someone from Canada or France or UK or Australia chimes in.

And I hope over the years I get to make more friends here. That's something to look forward to. Looking back only gets you so far...
    As long as we learn from things.
    Agree very well put. Thumbs up

Sent from my iPad using TractorByNet

Tractor
    Kubota L5740HSTC, Massey Ferguson 2615

Thanks David.
    Though I seriously am thinking of changing my avatar name to Windbag...
    Drew

Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1320212223