What TBN use to be like

/ What TBN use to be like #1  

Robert_in_NY

Tractor
Case-IH Farmall 45A, Kubota M8540 Narrow, New Holland TN 65, Bobcat 331, Ford 1920, 1952 John Deere M, Allis Chalmers B, Bombardier Traxter XT, Massey Harris 81RC and a John Deere 3300 combine, Cub Cadet GT1554
I was going through papers the other day and ran across these and it brought me back to what TBN use to be like. This board was a fun, friendly, family like place. There was hardly any negative posts, everyone treated each other with respect and we all got along regardless if we agreed with something or not.

These cards were sent to me when I fell and broke my back in 2007. There were 4 of them in all, my friends on here took the time to discuss doing something to help lift my spirits while I was down and out. They sent the card from member to member for each to sign and eventually send to me. I never knew this was happening till I received the cards. It was a great gesture and one I will never forget. Sadly I know some of the guys who signed the cards are no longer with us and others just don't post on here much anymore but there are a lot of familar names most of you will recognize.

These boards have grown and while it is nice coming on here and know you can get an answer quickly for just about any question I miss the personal feel this board use to have.

Thank you again to all my friends on here. 2013-01-28_16-43-02_480.jpg2013-01-28_16-43-23_943.jpg2013-01-28_16-43-44_540.jpg2013-01-28_16-44-00_500.jpg2013-01-28_16-44-15_636.jpg2013-01-28_16-44-27_794.jpg

/ What TBN use to be like #2  
This world seems very different from the one I grew up in. Lots of technological improvements seem to have come at the expense of civility. I think we are poorer for it.

/ What TBN use to be like #3  
America has become more polarized in the last 4 years than any time since the civil war...and it subliminally effects us in most aspects...

IMO a huge percentage of the blame lies on just one persons shoulders...

/ What TBN use to be like #4  
my friends on here
So, people that you socialize with on the internet, you consider them friends?

/ What TBN use to be like #5  
So, people that you socialize with on the internet, you consider them friends?

judging by the cards, the fact that they thought of him that way, I would say they are "friends". More thoughtful than a lot of people that you see in person if you ask me.

/ What TBN use to be like #6  
Well, it bewilders me how some people can call on line people friends.
Don't we have to meet the person, shake their hand and so forth
to be friends?
It still was thoughtfull that a few people sent him cards.

/ What TBN use to be like #7  
Well, it bewilders me how some people can call on line people friends.
to be friends?
It still was thoughtfull that a few people sent him cards.

And would you know an enemy?

/ What TBN use to be like #9  
to be friends?

Not if you play football for Notre Dame :D

/ What TBN use to be like #10  
This board was a fun, friendly, family like place. There was hardly any negative posts, everyone treated each other with respect and we all got along regardless if we agreed with something or not.

:thumbsup: