Rim Guard in colder climates

/ Rim Guard in colder climates #11  
I have rimguard, I've found it easy enough to wash off and it's not really colored, so doesn't stain anything that I'm aware of.

/ Rim Guard in colder climates
Guys,
Appreciate the feed back.

I was hard pressed to see how beet juice would stain but anything is possible. I could the sugar content causing it to be slimy and sticky.

I can also see were pumping syrup would be much harder than salt water in cooler weather.

For plowing snow I would rather have the weight in the tires Vs hanging on the 3PH. On the 3PH takes weight off the front tores and makes it ever harder to turn.

Guess I will have to call Rim Gaurd and see who their authorized dealers are in this area. Hopefully not the two I talked to already.

RFB,
I looked at their website but I don't believe they have dealers in the Mid-West. Shows only north west USA and western Canada.

thanks for the lead though

/ Rim Guard in colder climates #15  
I have rimguard, I've found it easy enough to wash off and it's not really colored, so doesn't stain anything that I'm aware of.

The rimguard in my tires looks like burnt chocolate, and smells about as bad.

/ Rim Guard in colder climates #16  
6 of our tractors have calcium in them , some rims are showing flaky rust but it has been in them for 20+ years :) . Generally when liquid of any kind is removed we never put it back, iron weight is much better .

6 of our tractors have calcium in them , some rims are showing flaky rust but it has been in them for 20+ years :) . Generally when liquid of any kind is removed we never put it back, iron weight is much better .

Agree, ran the Calcium weight for years in our tractors with inner tubes in them with no rim failures. Problem today in the innertubes are about like sandwich bags they are getting so thin.

Never was a lover of cast weights on the wheels since it takes a lot of steel to equal the liquid ballast in large ag tires. 18.4 x 38 approx 1175 lbs fluid each tire. Also around here the cast weights are running around $1 lb used.

Even my small tires 9.5 x 16 hold 125 lbs liquid each. I have not seen any wheel weights for that small of a rim and my rims don't have any holes for mounting weights either.

/ Rim Guard in colder climates #18  
I have it in my tractor. Its a small Kubota, but the only problem I've noticed in the winter, if you are driving fast, say road speed, the rim guard won't go around the tire fast enough. Almost like its too thick to flow well. It almost feels like you have a flat spot in your tire. Its not really an issue though. As far as washing off, I think its kind of messy, but no worse than say grease or oil.

/ Rim Guard in colder climates #19  
I have it in my tractor. Its a small Kubota, but the only problem I've noticed in the winter, if you are driving fast, say road speed, the rim guard won't go around the tire fast enough. Almost like its too thick to flow well. It almost feels like you have a flat spot in your tire. Its not really an issue though. As far as washing off, I think its kind of messy, but no worse than say grease or oil.

How cold are you talking? Ive had mine up to 20mph after is spent the night in the single digits with no problems. Its always a little bouncy when you add rim guard at any temps. Maybee its more pronounced in the cold on smaller tires

Dave

/ Rim Guard in colder climates #20  
How cold are you talking? Ive had mine up to 20mph after is spent the night in the single digits with no problems. Its always a little bouncy when you add rim guard at any temps. Maybee its more pronounced in the cold on smaller tires

Dave

I haven't noticed it on mine either even around zero.... But maybe its tire size related or fill amount.