The hots...who's got them!

/ The hots...who's got them! #1  

DFB

Elite Member
Tractor
John Deere 4100 HST /410 FEL, R4s
I like hot peppers...I grow them, I sell them, I dry them and grind them up, and I pickle them. I even eat them at breakfast. Hot cherry are my favorite love them with cream cheese and bagels! I even like hot pepper sauces but I never made one yet but might be a cool thing to do. :)

My best selling long pepper was always Inferno hot banana but I liked to grow Golden Daggers from Sieger Seed for their huge size, almost a foot long!

Usually the garden always has hot wax, jalapeno, hot cherry, and cayanne, I especially like the open pollinated heirloom Hot Portugal. We supply all of those at the greenhouse to customers plus the habernero along with large potted containers of them and hanging baskets full of tiny fiery hot colored peppers.

Big southwest style Chiles are another fav of mine and I buy ripe red Santa Fe type Fresno peppers from the mkt a lot. I have grown Poblano sadly without great success here in the Northeast. Never size or yield even with hybrids must be the weather maybe. But I would grow at least 600 jalapeno plants just to supply a chef owned Mexican resturant when in season. 20 lb boxes at a time

For many years I grew and marketed the edible ornamentals types as deck or window plants those little pointed orange/red and or purple fruit or multicolored round ones like Super Chile, Numex Twilight, Red and Orange Thai or the all purple fruit /black leave variety. People really love them especially those folks with Eastern culture heritages. One time I was hooked on hot shrimp dish at a local Chinese take out place the owner kept customizing the dish with more hot pepper each time I asked until I once I ate and my sinus swelled up and just about closed off...whoa! I like to keep it sane these days I leave the Habernero eating contests to the younger guys. I have grown the white and the chocolate Habanero's along with the yellow orange and red ones.

Seems thats the hottest pepper these days is one from India
And I guess sometimes you just never learn your limits

Eating The Hottest Pepper in the World, The Bhut Jolokia (Naga Ghost Chili) - YouTube

So anybody else growing cooking or eating them? :D

/ The hots...who's got them! #3  
I like a little tomato juice in my glass of tabasso sausce.

mark

/ The hots...who's got them! #4  
I love hot peppers, although I can't handle the really crazy hot ones. We used to grow some at our place but as I get older I seem to be having "negative physical reactions" to the spices (which really really bums me out).

/ The hots...who's got them! #5  
I love hot peppers but I have to be really careful...if I take too big a bite without food I will start hicuping and not be able to enjoy my meal...it takes 20 min or so to finally stop hiccuping...anyone else get hiccups from hot peppers.?

/ The hots...who's got them! #6  
Love all kinds of hot peppers. We spread jalapeno jelly on salmon. I bar-b-q the salmon on cedar planks.......great flavor and delicious!!:thumbsup:

/ The hots...who's got them!
Cool I'll have to remember that one. I like grilled salmon. We make and market jalepeno jelly where I work...real popular too! :thumbsup:

/ The hots...who's got them! #8  
My wife loves to can with hot peppers and does several times a year. She gets requests from family, friends, and coworkers for her concoctions. Salsa, jalapeno jelly, habanero-apricot jelly, jalapeno-strawberry jelly. It's all good.

/ The hots...who's got them!
Habanero-apricot jelly...wow!

/ The hots...who's got them! #10  
That's the one the crews she works with ask for. She keeps the proportions in check so you can enjoy the apricot flavor to.