Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Tractor
    Kubota L4400 4wd w/LA 703 FEL

Default Re: HVAC question

Unfortunately I checked to see if it would run in the kitchen. I did not realize how strong the pump was and it shot water on the ceiling.
    George
    South Carolina

The size of government is inversely proprotional to the degree of freedom it affords.

"What is truth?" Pontius Pilate

Tractor
    yanmar 3110D

Quote Originally Posted by N80 View Post
    Unfortunately I checked to see if it would run in the kitchen. I did not realize how strong the pump was and it shot water on the ceiling.
    Yes , the pumps are strong
    Yanmar 3110D
    07 Dodge 2500 5.9 Cummins
    Husky 372xp
    Husky 55 Rancher
    Maruyama trimmer
    Husky trimmer
    Redmax BP blower
    Toro zero turn
    North Star 4 K PSI pressure washer
    Honda 300 4 trax
    Yamaha Timberwolf
    liquid logic coupe kayak
    16' Tow Master Dump Trailer ,20' Yanmar Hauler

Tractor
    Kioti DK-40, MF-135, Ventrac 4500Y

Quote Originally Posted by N80 View Post
    Thanks for the laugh!
    Murph ------------

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    New Holland Boomer 50

You're going to have to wash the entire kitchen ceiling now, or that clean spot is going to stick out like a sore thumb.

xtn

Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by xtn View Post
    You're going to have to wash the entire kitchen ceiling now, or that clean spot is going to stick out like a sore thumb.

xtn
    Kitchen is brand new! Or, as Inspector Clouseau might say " Not anymore!"

Since cleaning the old one out it works again. Sometimes. Works a few days. Over flows a few days.

Home Depot says they carry the Little Giant but local store does not have it. The do have a much more substantial looking and feeling Flotec that is about the same price and has the full 2 year warranty.

Do you guys think the Little Giants are worth ordering or is the beefier Flotec worth a try.

Funny thing: When I went into HD and asked where the condensate pumps, two of the guys working there did not know what I was talking about. They looked in the HVAC area and they were not there. They said the only pumps they had were sump and irrigation type pumps. That's were the condensate pumps where.
    George
    South Carolina

The size of government is inversely proprotional to the degree of freedom it affords.

Tractor

Update, bought the Little Giant NextGen pump which you guys and everybody else say is the best. It is 9 months later and it is dead and overflowing again. When I installed it I put in a whole new tube which is under the maximum length recommended for the pump. The tube is clear and I can blow the water out easily with my mouth. There is a little algae in the tank but not much. When I remove the pump, drained the remaining water out, plugged it in and activated the float switch it makes a humming noise and the motor starts smoking. So I think this one is toast too. I think I've been here three years and I've gone through three of these and this expensive one lasted less time that the cheap ones. The difference is that I can get my money back on this one since there is a warranty. I just wish I knew what it is that keeps killing them. Could be the algae but is was minimal so I don't think so.
    George
    South Carolina

Tractor
    2007 New Holland TC30

Is this a condensate pump for your a/c system? What is the lift ( height the pump has to overcome)? Or is this a circulating pump for a closed loop geothermal heat and a/c system? What tonnage is your equipment, manufacturer? I'm a retired hvacr master contractor and I'll give you all the help I can. You should not be having this much problem.

Tractor

Yes, it is a free standing condensate pump for my HVAC system. It is a gas furnace...not sure about what the a/c is....have no idea about tonnage. It is at least 20 years old. The pump sits on the floor and a pvc pipe drains into it from the HVAC unit. The lift is about 2 feet max, length of tubing is about 12 feet. This one worked fine all summer long when there is a huge amount of condensate output. The last pump also failed in winter but it does not freeze in the basement and the tubing has no ice plugs or anything.

I seem to recall something about cleaning the pump and reservoir tank periodically and I have not done that. Maybe the algae is clogging the impeller or something but I've seen outdoor fountain pumps work with far more gunk in them than what I'm seeing on this one, which is not much.

Any help appreciated.
    George
    South Carolina

Tractor
    2007 New Holland TC30

This pump, if your furnace is an 80% eff. Furnaces of 95% need a condensate pump even in winter

Tractor
    2007 New Holland TC30

[QUOTE="Papasmirf;3659714"]This pump, if your furnace is an 80% eff. does not require a condensate pump . Furnaces of 95% need a condensate pump even in winter. In the winter unplug pump and clean, making sure the float assy. works freely and keeps the pump off. Only when the pump float raises should the pump work. Let me know if I can help further.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast