Help on NEC Electrical Code Requirements

/ Help on NEC Electrical Code Requirements #1  

TheGoose

Platinum Member
I am bidding on installing a solar pump. The bid requires the solar pump to meet the following requirements:

iii. Array PV panels will consist of (2) approx. 180-200 watt Lorentz-approved panels. Panels to be installed according to 2008 National Electric Code specifically articles NEC-250 敵rounding and Bonding? NEC-430 Motors, Motor Circuits and Controllers, and NEC-690 鉄olar Photovoltaic (PV) Systems? The electrical work shall include providing permanent, engraved PV labels displaying the NEC 690 required solar PV electrical characteristics and warning on the appropriate PV generation equipment.

I know we have several electricians on the board as well as several PV enthusiasts. Can anybody tell me what this really means?

The system will be grounded, as always, by a copper ground rod buried about 5' deep. The panels are about 20-30V each, about 200 watts per panel. There will be 2 panels in parallel, so 20-30V and about 400 watts. The panels supply a controller, which then powers the pump. I have already installed several solar pump systems, I just need to know what exactly this means extra.

Before anybody tells me to hire an electrician, I may yet, but I'm looking for any information I can find.

/ Help on NEC Electrical Code Requirements
Yeah I looked at some stuff on google. Lots of information, but it's hard to exactly sift through what pertains to this job.

Thanks for your reply.

/ Help on NEC Electrical Code Requirements #4  
Did you click on the Google like I provided,,, It is full of information that pertains to what you are doing,,