Finding correct tire operating pressure

/ Finding correct tire operating pressure #1  

oldnslo

Tractor
Branson 2400H, JD X540
Rear tires on my 2400 Branson are 9.5 x 16 R1's and I have performed multiple searches on trying to find inflation charts but could not find one for this size tire. Owners manual says 28 PSI which makes the tires way to hard. Tractor weighs 1800 lbs without FEL or MMM. Trying to determine what is the lowest I can safely go before spinning tire on the rim.

Max loading would be with around 600 - 700 lbs on the 3PH and no FEL or front weights. This would be very infrequent use.

Tires are Titan 6 ply and state max pressure of 30 PSI.

Currently running at 18 - 20 PSI and in looking at the tires on concrete it still appears that the outer edges of 1 lug is barely touching and 2nd lug may have of the lug touching.

Tires are filled with Rim Guard.

TIA

/ Finding correct tire operating pressure #2  
You might be able to go a little lower with the pressure, but not by much. 15 may be OK, but going too low may cause the tires to break loose from the bead if you get on an side incline, and side loads the tire.

I have a Kioti DK45S with rimguard. Tires call for maximum inflation of 20 pounds, and I am running 15 with 14.9x24 rears.

/ Finding correct tire operating pressure #3  
Rear tires on my 2400 Branson are 9.5 x 16 R1's and I have performed multiple searches on trying to find inflation charts but could not find one for this size tire. Owners manual says 28 PSI which makes the tires way to hard. Tractor weighs 1800 lbs without FEL or MMM. Trying to determine what is the lowest I can safely go before spinning tire on the rim.

Max loading would be with around 600 - 700 lbs on the 3PH and no FEL or front weights. This would be very infrequent use.

Tires are Titan 6 ply and state max pressure of 30 PSI.

Currently running at 18 - 20 PSI and in looking at the tires on concrete it still appears that the outer edges of 1 lug is barely touching and 2nd lug may have of the lug touching.

Tires are filled with Rim Guard.

TIA

My Deere 4210 weighs 2,675 pounds without FEL or MMM (it's a MFWD) and the manual recommends a minimum 12psi for rear tires size 12.4-16 R1 (6 ply rated) and a maximum of 25 psi for the same tire. 30 psi maximum for your rear tires seems very high. I would try 15-16 psi in yours as a good starting point.

/ Finding correct tire operating pressure #4  
ditto.. many of my old tractor tires are running 12-15 psi inthe rears.. fronts more.. etc..

easy to tell a tires proper inflation by looking at sidewall deflection and profile. park on concrete and take a look.