Computer selection - please advice

/ Computer selection - please advice #51  
:confused2::confused2::confused2:
How much time will you give me to decide?

:laughing: right!, I searched/ researched for over a month, partly because I wasn't sure if I could put a pc together from scratch! No way would I have tried it without the help from HardForums, it was so easy, I cant believe more people dont do it. The beauty of it is you only have on it what you put there, no bloatware. You get a 1000% better PC for your money IMO.

/ Computer selection - please advice #52  
How long did you wait Dan?? a week!!:laughing: Technology changes so fast. I built my pc on a SandyBridge board, then 3 months later Iveybridge shows up....go figure.

I waited something like 2-3 years! :laughing::laughing::laughing:

The laptop I am thinking of buying has had discounts of 15-28%. A few days ago the discount was 25% but today it is 15%. It will be interesting if the discount goes up in the middle of the week...

I REALLY hate spending money. :D:D:D

Later,
Dan

/ Computer selection - please advice #53  
Seems like I made a drama out of attempt to obtain nothing else but a ... desktop. :comedy: :laughing:

Well....

I have a multiple page spreadsheet that tracks system prices and component prices for a desktop, laptop, HTPC case and a NAS device. I think I have an entire Broadway Production out of buying a PC! :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Later,
Dan

/ Computer selection - please advice
   / Computer selection - please advice #55  
W H O S E ??? :fiery:
Yeah, yeah remind please! :yes:

Yeppers, you are right! I like spending YOUR money but no mine! :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Buying a new system right now is problematic because my old system, while old, works just fine. Its only limitation is the huge photo files I am processing.

I look at the cost of a new PC and think of the mulch and gravel we could buy with less money. :D:D:D Or new tables for the study. :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Then there is the temporary well house that I built in 2004 that looks like he...ll.

Or the root cellar I want to build. :D:D:D

I have also noticed that with PC's, I am willing to spend a certain amount of money, but take the same amount of money for a tractor attachment, say a hydraulic post hole digger, it would be way too much money! :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Later,
Dan

Yeppers, you are right! I like spending YOUR money but no mine! :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Buying a new system right now is problematic because my old system, while old, works just fine. Its only limitation is the huge photo files I am processing.

I look at the cost of a new PC and think of the mulch and gravel we could buy with less money. :D:D:D Or new tables for the study. :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Then there is the temporary well house that I built in 2004 that looks like he...ll.

Or the root cellar I want to build. :D:D:D

I have also noticed that with PC's, I am willing to spend a certain amount of money, but take the same amount of money for a tractor attachment, say a hydraulic post hole digger, it would be way too much money! :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Later,
Dan
Same here. Lots of investment scheduled: new barn building, tractor attachments to be obtained, house decoration and many more other things unrelated to the computer to do. I was postponing new desktop obtaining as far as I could. But I can't wait anymore.
You're probably going to buy the Danuser auger drive. Similar to what I'll need in the nearest future. But I'm not going to obtain any tractor auger. I'll better hire it just to make the holes.
Seems we're in the suchlike situations. :drink:

There are three recent proposals I've got from the net shops. :confused2:

Two of them are from the net shop - onnet.lt. I'll mark them 4 and 5 so not to muddle them up with previous three versions.
4. Dell Vostro 470, 3 yrs Warranty, +keyboard, +mouse, W7 Pro, $1138 (data pic attached)
5. Locally Built, 2 yrs Warranty, $1250 (data pic attached)

And one more (6th) Locally Built from 1a.lt net shop:
6.1A_ELITE i7 (Ivy Bridge) Advanced GTX, 2 yrs Warranty, $832
Processor Intel® Core™ i7 (Ivy Bridge) series:
Intel® Core™ i7-3770 Processor (8M Cache, 3.4 GHz)
Max Turbo Frequency - 3.9 GHz
Intel® Hyper-Threading Technology
Intel® Virtualization Technology (VT-x)
Intel® Virtualization Technology for Directed I/O (VT-d)
Intel® Trusted Execution Technology
AES New Instructions
Intel® vPro Technology
Motherboard:
GIGA-BYTE H77 s1155
Memory:
Kingston HyperX 8 GB DDR3 1600 MHz
Hard disc:
500 GB
Optical storage:
DVD-/+RW
Graphics:
GeForce GTX 650 1 GB 128 bit GDDR5
NVIDIA PureVideo® Technology
NVIDIA PhysX™ Technology
NVIDIA CUDA™ Technology
Microsoft DirectX 11
OpenGL 4.1
Video card memory:
1 GB GDDR5
Power:
PSU - 600 W Chieftec
Ports:
PS/2 / USB / D-Sub / RJ-45 / DVI-D / Audio jacks (Line In/Line Out/Microphone)

I'm sorry to disturb you guys again, but just in case if someone would name the best one of all these 6 versions saying "If it was me I would pull a trigger on this one". My question is: which one? :anyone:

View attachment Desktop Dell Vostro.pdf View attachment Desktop Locally built.pdf

/ Computer selection - please advice #58  
Sometimes it's hard to see the forest because of the trees...analysis paralysis. If it was me I'd pull the trigger on the Dell. I've had several Dell PC's over the years and never had any major problems with any of them.

/ Computer selection - please advice #59  
For the money, I would go with the last one you listed (Elite) and since the price is so low you can probably upgrade with the following changes and still keep it around $1k.

Swap the DVD burner for Blu-Ray burner. Fry's sells them for $57 now so you know the prices are coming down.

Up the hard drive to 1 or 2 TB.

The GE Force GTX 650 is an OK video card (it does have HDMI out which is very handy in this day and age and easier to hook up) and the 600W power supply is good to have in case you want to upgrade the video card even more or add more drives.

Make sure the USB has version 3.0 capability.

Hyper Threading technology will likely never get used unless you use intensive video encryption programs.

/ Computer selection - please advice #60  
I like #6 Looks to have plenty of power for what your doing.

I dont know that PSU, I would double check if I where you on the quality of that brand. PSU is often over looked for quality and a big problem area for PC troubles.
Antec, Corsair, Seasonic, Enermax make great PSU's and get one that is Gold or Silver certified, cot more, but that's the heart of your PC bad PSU can fry a PC.

If graphic are concerned there are better cards (VGA) out there if you have the budget
heres a card performance graphic to look over
http://tpucdn.com/reviews/EVGA/GTX_650_Ti_SSC/images/perfrel.gif

Just my 2 cents,

I Still think you would do good to post the same query on Hardforums and let the worldwide community help you, then take the specs they recommend to your builder and get a quote.

Or buy me an airline ticket to the EU and I'll get on hardforums for you:laughing::laughing::D