Computer selection - please advice

/ Computer selection - please advice
Or buy me an airline ticket to the EU and I'll get on hardforums for you:laughing::laughing::D
I'd better wish you to come here so we'd have some fun together. :thumbsup::laughing:

/ Computer selection - please advice #62  
:laughing: The guy's on that forum crack me up, they are good at "tech" and take it purdy darn serious, but they love helping folks out. They spot problems with builds fast and are grweat at giving you great alternative to components.

/ Computer selection - please advice #63  
I dont know that PSU, I would double check if I where you on the quality of that brand. PSU is often over looked for quality and a big problem area for PC troubles.
Antec, Corsair, Seasonic, Enermax make great PSU's and get one that is Gold or Silver certified, cot more, but that's the heart of your PC bad PSU can fry a PC.

Plus a Billion. Remember I had a power supply in a local built PC catch on fire. Seeing flames shooting out the back of the power supply will wake you up quick. Spend some money on the power supply.

If going for a locally built system, make sure the case is one of the good ones. Get a case that supports multiple size mother boards and allows easy access to the system components. Once you have a good power supply and case, you can just swap out mother boards and drives as needed.

Later,
Dan

If going for a locally built system, make sure the case is one of the good ones. Get a case that supports multiple size mother boards and allows easy access to the system components. Once you have a good power supply and case, you can just swap out mother boards and drives as needed.

Later,
Dan
Although it was named a manufacturer Chieftec, but in reality it is a Corsair 600 W PSU in that 6th version. I've found out that later with them.
While checking the Dell desktops, I've noticed many versions have 300-350 W of power. Maybe it's good enough for current versions installed, economical, but it won't fit correctly upgraded ones. We also had a talk about it with the Dell seller. It's normal, that they can't change anything.
And I've learned your lesson concerning the fire you had. :firefighter: Oh yeah, you were really lucky that day thanks to the rain.
Yes, we spoked about a case too with another company (1a.lt). Current case (below) probably will not fit, 'cause there is no place for USB 3.0 ports at the front. Good point on the access to the components.

http://www.1a.lt/images/upload/000037/11575649xl.jpg

Dennis, thank you for pushing me to register to the Hardforums, I'm really intrested in that. :laughing: Just right after I'll be ready. :) Have read a few threads there. Great.

/ Computer selection - please advice #65  
Good deal, better to ask then find out later!! Hardforums has some great guy's and info and if you let them, they will help you put the perfect PC together for you. Then build it yourself or have the custom shop do it.

Nice thing about custom ,no crapware on your PC.

On PCU's, most general manufacturers use halfassed, junk in their mainstream PC's, psu is often where the skimp. You can paymore for better like Alienware ect tra, but you get what you pay for in most desktops.

Dan is 100% right on the case, spend some there and use it forever, a good case will run from $100 up US. One with filters for the fan can save you $$ too in the long run.

Hardforums has some great guy's and info and if you let them, they will help you put the perfect PC together for you. Then build it yourself or have the custom shop do it.

One with filters for the fan can save you $$ too in the long run.
Hardforums advice and help will be exactly what I'll need when the idea of custom computer will start to be realized. Right now I'm nearly to end my net search in Poland. Nothing special I could find there, at least what I'm thinking I need according to my vision.
I didn't know the filters could be installed on a fan. It's a good decision.

/ Computer selection - please advice #67  
The filters are on the PC cases. Here is the one I have. Corsair Graphite Series 600T CC600TM Mid-Tower, Corsair Graphite Series 600T CC600TM Mid-Tower Gaming Case - Newegg.com If you read throught the specks, you will see there are removable filters in front (intake) and in the rear for the PSU

FWIW, out of curiosity I tried to find the OEM for Chieftec PSU's found this quote, seams if it's a turbo or GPS model your good to go. They are not Seasonic's, but are supplied by the same manufacture from what I was able to find out.

"Chieftecs are either

1...Channel Well (Chieftec Turbos)
2...Delta (Chieftec GPS-series)
3...Sirtec (Chieftec APS and some others)

I rate them from best to worst in that order. I'd trust the Channel Wells and Deltas. Sirtecs I've only had bad units of, but they were Thermaltake (Purepowers). I have three Delta made Chieftecs (400 and 550W), 2 to 3 years old and they work fine.

Corsair source their PSUs from Seasonic and Channel Well. Antecs Signature series are Delta and have recieved rave reviews. Don't just look at the brand, find out who the OEM is. "

/ Computer selection - please advice #68  
One with filters for the fan can save you $$ too in the long run.

Oh, man, I forgot about the case filters! That is really important! :duh: I burnt up a graphics card in one of my systems and I think it was because of dust. We have one dog now but we have had as many as three big dogs in the house and they seem to produce quite a bit of dander/dust. I think that graphics card burnt out because of dust. The brand name system did not have filters.

My current HP desktop does not have filters either. I noticed the fan was getting really noisy a year or so ago and I opened up the case. The CPU fan was full of dust. :shocked: Cleaned it up and it was quiet again. The cases I have in my wishlist on NewEgg have plenty of filters and can run quite a few fans.

Later,
Dan

/ Computer selection - please advice #69  
Dan, you got that right, enough dust for long enough may ruin the bearings in a cheap fan!! I have 9 fans in my case right now, the case I mentioned earlier.

Good deal, better to ask then find out later!! Hardforums has some great guy's and info and if you let them, they will help you put the perfect PC together for you. Then build it yourself or have the custom shop do it.

Nice thing about custom ,no crapware on your PC.
OK, so my drama continues :laughing::laughing:
Don't know, why but my registration to the Hardforums failed. It's 10 days now since I tried to register and got the negatve answer (to be concidered as a spam). Have sent an e-mail to them and got no response yet.

Well but I'm not doing nothing. Found a nice guy in one more shop (KK Kilobaitas) with 14 years of experience. To my doubt am I not disturbing him, maybe better to send an e-mail with questions, he answered: "no, no!" Vice versa, he likes to talk first while finding out customer needs. And that is EXACTLY what I need too according to my understanding of sales/purchase policy as described in one of the previous replay.

So, to shorten the write up I tried to select the following one (will name it as 7th) Kompiuteris "EVOLIUCINIS i7" / Intelョ Core

NAME: EVOLIUCINIS_i7
PROCESSOR: Intelョ Core i7-3770K UNLOCKED 3.5~4.5Ghz 22nm (NEW 3rd generation Ivy Bridge family 4 core processor)
MOTHERBOARD: Gigabyte GA-Z77-DS3H or MSI Z77A-G41 (NEW Intelョ Z77 chip for the 3rd generation processors) / USB3.0 / SATA 6GB
MAIN MEMORY: 8GB 1600Mhz (2x 4GB) Dual channel DDR3 KINGSTON HYPER-X
HDD (GB): 2000GB SATA3.0(6GB) 7200RPM
VGA: MSI NVIDIAョ GeForce GTX660OC 2GB or Radeonョ HD7850 2GB DDR5 SAPPHIRE/MSI (ask at sales desk for the VGA available)
NIC INTEGRATED: GbE LAN (10/100/1000 Mbit)
CASE: Aerocool Strike-X One
PSU: 700W ATX Silent 120mm
OPTICAL DRIVE: DVD+-RW 22x SATA
INTEGRATED MEMORY CARD READER: available
AUDIO CARD: 7.1 CH HD Audio / Realtek ALC887 codec
JUNCTIONS: 2x USB3.0 + 4xUSB 2.0 gale, 3xUSB 2.0 priekyje, PS/2, RJ-45, audio output at the front, S/PDIF, HDMI, DVI, VGA, HDMI
WARRANTY: 24-36 months
PRODUCT code: 120919_c/ EVOLIUCINIS i7
PRICE: $1086

The guy asked me to come back on Wednesday (when he'll have more time), and we will together select all the components I really need for my work, but not for my imagination. Although he has mentioned above desktop on stock and could sell it to me, but according to my requirements seems it must be a bit different unit, so we'd both be satisfied from our points of view. Examples, i7-3770K I wouldn't need, better without "K", what means not much, just a bit boosted, but tangible more costly. Same with GTX 660 OC, but in this case if a bit more costly, than better "Ti". Then SSD etc.
To my question about filter, he said never thought about it although he has a dog at home. I asked, maybe he has a dog who never moults? :shocked::shocked: He looked at me ironically :cool: showing he doesn't understand what I'm saying. :laughing:

OK. You fellows must be sick of my write ups. I'm not asking for your help or comparisons anymore. This is just for your info including those, who are looking for new computers and have same issues like me. I'm really thankful for the advices you already gave me and for the questions about devices you guys trained me to ask at the shops. I will continue sharing the info up to the final result. :)