Computer selection - please advice

/ Computer selection - please advice
Well, coming back to the desktop purchase, thanks to all of you guys, I've ordered it, but just yesterday. The components are as follows:

1. Microprocessor 1x BX80646I74770: Intel Core i7-4770 Haswell, Quard Core, 3.40GHz (Turbo: 3.90GHz), 8MB, LGA1150, 22nm, 84W, Intel HD 4600, Box

2. Motherboard 1x Z87-K: ASUS Z87-K, Z87, DualDDR3-1600, SATA3, RAID, GBLAN, ATX

3. Memory Module 2x KHX16C10B1R/ 8: DDR3 Kingston HyperX Red 8GB 1600MHz CL10 1.5V

4. Internal Hard Drive 1x WD1002FAEX: Internal disc WD Black 3.5 1TB SATA3 7200RPM 64MB → WD1003FZEX*

5. Internal Solid State Drive 1x VTX450-25SAT3-128G: SSD OCZ Vertex 450 128GB SATA3, 525/ 290MBs, IOPS 75/ 70K, 7mm

6. Graphics Card 1x GTX760-DC2OC-2GD5: ASUS GeForce GTX 760, 2GB DDR5

7. DVD optics 1x GH24NSB0.AUAA10B: DVD RW SATA 24X INT BULK/ BLACK GH24NSB0 LG

8. Case 1x RC-430-KWN1: PC Case w/o PSU Cooler Master Elite 430 Black

9. Power Supply Unit 1x CP-9020054-EU: PSU Corsair RM 650W, Modular, 80 Plus Gold, 135mm ventilator

10. 1x OS Microsoft Windows 7 → WN7-00403: OS Microsoft Windows 8 64-BIT Eng. (OEM)*

11. Interface Card 1x DS-33010/DS-33010-1: Digitus Card 32-Bit, PCI, 1 x parallel*

12. Assembly, test

* - changes, supplements

Total price: $1573.

The order will be carried out in 3 days. Warranty - individually according to each component manufacturer (12-36 months).

/ Computer selection - please advice #82  
It looks like you've made some good choices. You should be happy with it. Haswell is a good processor (because I was in on the R&D :)). For that price however, I think I would have ordered it with a Blu-Ray burner. If you store any amount of photos, videos or music you can get 25 gigs on one disk. Of course, you can always add one later which should be no problem with a 650W power supply (good choice).

It looks like you've made some good choices. You should be happy with it. Haswell is a good processor (because I was in on the R&D :)). For that price however, I think I would have ordered it with a Blu-Ray burner. If you store any amount of photos, videos or music you can get 25 gigs on one disk. Of course, you can always add one later which should be no problem with a 650W power supply (good choice).
Thank you, Dennis. We had a long talk with salesman on the matter of Blu-Ray burner. I even told him (heard in media) that the last CD shop in New York is recently closed. Don't know is that exactly true, never been there :laughing:. But Blu-Ray technology is really not circulating here. And I don't know why. OTOH as you said, I'll be able to add it at any time. Hey wait ...... 25 gigs, cool ... OK I've just made a call to a salesman, he agreed on ASUS Blu-Ray burner, it's not too late to change.
Good, change done!
I'm losing nothing. Well, it's more expensive, but the Blu-Ray discs are very cheap. Thanks again for your right on cue intervention, Dennis. :thumbsup::laughing:

Added component:
Blue-Ray 1x BW-16D1HT/BLK/B/AS: Asus Drive Blu-ray, BW-16D1HT/BLK/B/AS
Price: $101.

Last edited:
I've got it!!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

This is my first reply from a new desktop bought yesterday. It's so fast comparing to my old one (with Win XP) that seems I'm not in time after it. It looks like soon it'll explode!!! Maybe not?... :laughing::laughing:

Thank you guys who replied to this thread for making me much more advanced in IT. :thumbsup:

I've got a first failure... All data lost from This PC folder (pictures, documents, drawings...) except those which were saved in OneDrive folder. I'm with Win 8.1.

But thankfully components are still under warranty.

Reason - Vertex 450 SSD got out of order. The IT workshop replaced it into SanDisk 128GB, 2.5" SATA 6GB/s.

/ Computer selection - please advice #86  
When you use computers a lot, it's always something, regardless of make. Keeps your mind sharp.

When you use computers a lot, it's always something, regardless of make. Keeps your mind sharp.

This is my first lesson with a component issue. I have had 2 laptops, old desktop (XP) and still old iMac is in use. Yeah, the first time comes on one day.
But thanks to your, Dennis, and other guys' advices, I'm still satisfied with a new desktop.

Here comes an issue linked to Win 10. Guess some of Win 10 users have had it also.

With an unexpected appearance of sky-blue screen a communique comes on:
KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED, NVLDDMKM.sys

How did you solve it?

/ Computer selection - please advice #89  
Here comes an issue linked to Win 10. Guess some of Win 10 users have had it also.

With an unexpected appearance of sky-blue screen a communique comes on:
KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED, NVLDDMKM.sys

How did you solve it?

Bear in mind the information provided is for review purposes. Keep in mind the information came from the internet and evaluate what is suggested carefully before following the suggestions offered. A lot of people seem to think the problem is being caused by an improper driver for a Nvidia Graphic Card. You may try going into device manager and do a check for a updated driver for your graphic card.

How To Fix an Nvlddmkm.sys Error Message

How To Fix Nvlddmkm.sys Blue Screen Errors (BSOD)

Bear in mind the information provided is for review purposes. Keep in mind the information came from the internet and evaluate what is suggested carefully before following the suggestions offered. A lot of people seem to think the problem is being caused by an improper driver for a Nvidia Graphic Card. You may try going into device manager and do a check for a updated driver for your graphic card.

How To Fix an Nvlddmkm.sys Error Message

How To Fix Nvlddmkm.sys Blue Screen Errors (BSOD)

Yesterday I've had Win 10 reinstalled at a local workshop. Don't know, what it exactly means? ITs said they know an issue very well. Now a desktop works perfectly. So I'll postpone with WinThrusher 2015 scanner for a while.

But you gave me a good idea on a Graphic Card. I've checked my GeForce GTX 760 driver version, which is 376.53. But the newest driver version should be 378.66. I've had a chat with a guy of NVIDIA customer service, and he said I would need to install it. He has passed me a link:
NVIDIA DRIVERS GeForce Game Ready Driver WHQL

Thank you Gator6x4 for an advice.