Tractor
    Kubota's - B7610, M4700

Default Need recommendations on toilet fill valve kits

I've been replacing these parts for nigh on 50 years but usually just from big box stores. I've now got about a dozen toilets over 4 households to maintain and am getting sick and tired of the variability but can't really afford to do my own study.

I've got to replace about 5 units soon. One that was replaced just a year ago by a nieces husband is so loud and slow that it is maddening. When he replaced it he praised some features of it but he didn't have to sleep on the same floor it is on.

I had been using fluidmaster 400A but now I see there's also
    Korky QuietFill, Fluidmaster PerforMAX Fill, Fluidmaster Leak Sentry Water Saving
    and that's just at HD.

I don't want to spend a fortune, but I do want a quick, quiet fill with an easily maintainable unit.

So - any suggestions from the TBN borg?
    My rides - '95 Kubota M4700 w/ PEC, LA1001 FEL :'07 B7610, LA352 FEL, Bush Hog SBX 48 box blade, '09 Woods BH70-X w/ 16" bucket and thumb, 3pt pallet forks, Dale Phillips PHD, Jinma 8" chipper, 2 Piranha's, Winco 12KW PTO generator, Howse plow, 5' KK tiller, 5' Big Bee cutter, with a 2002 7.3L Ford F350 CC DRW 4x4 and '07 18' Hudson HSE Deluxe trailer - 5 Ton to haul it all

Tractor
    Kubota 3080Mower; JD 5325, Kubota KX91 mini-excavator

Default Re: Need recommendations on toilet fill valve kits

I just replaced one with a Korky Quietfill today. It is quiet, but haven't had it long enough to give you a good review. It does have a gadget on it that will stop water flow if it detects a leaking flapper valve. That could be good to save water, but if you are dealing with rental units, it might cause more problems when it shuts the water off.

Tractor
    Kubota's - B7610, M4700

Thanks pharmer
    Well I'm not dealing with rental units, at least not for a while. That stopping if the flapper leaks sounds like a good point. Have you tested it?
    I've one unit down in Mississippi in an unheated apartment bathroom that leaks but during the winter I let it leak on purpose to try and ensure the pipes don't freeze.
    My rides - '95 Kubota M4700 w/ PEC, LA1001 FEL :'07 B7610, LA352 FEL, Bush Hog SBX 48 box blade, '09 Woods BH70-X w/ 16" bucket and thumb, 3pt pallet forks, Dale Phillips PHD, Jinma 8" chipper, 2 Piranha's, Winco 12KW PTO generator, Howse plow, 5' KK tiller, 5' Big Bee cutter, with a 2002 7.3L Ford F350 CC DRW 4x4 and '07 18' Hudson HSE Deluxe trailer - 5 Ton to haul it all

Tractor
    yanmar YM-1700

I got tired of always having to replace valve kits,flappers etc, So 3 years ago I decided to change out all 3 of our toilets to a Flapperless system, I've been very pleased with them so far, The design eliminates anything to ever need servicing or placing,
    as i said 3 years so far and I never as much as pulled the lid off or had a backup in the toilet, No trickle noise of water seeping through the valve etc,etc,
    This video shows the design and how well the toilet flushes, the cost for each unit 3 years ago was around 169.00 each... But was money well spent, I'm sure they have saved me on over usage in water as well as the cost of having to replace parts every other year and years to come,
    http://www.conservationwarehouse.com...FQWEnQod7yUA8w
    Last edited by deepNdirt; 02-27-2013 at 10:12 AM.
    Never judge a man until you've walked a day in his shoes,

Tractor
    Kubota's - B7610, M4700

I've got two toilets which use a similar system. One of them is at a house we just use for storage and has the water turned off. I run a dehumidifier into a bucket (that sit's inside a tub to catch overflow), and if we need to flush we empty the bucket.