What TBN is like today

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / What TBN is like today #51  
VERY WELL SAID.WISH I COLD PUT MY WORDS TOGETHER LIKE THIS..
It is my belief that it is evident that TBN has a more diverse membership now, than in years back. Different areas of OUR Country have different Lifestyles, Beliefs, and Cultural differences. It is also evident, that due to more PC's in households, there is an increased flow of information on the Internet, and more varied points of interests and topics, available to the Public. There is always two sides to every story and each and every TBN member should be allowed to voice their views. I will agree that sometimes the threads and posts may get "Hot and Heavy", but in the end, a debate should be a learning process for all parties involved. IMHO, Thanks for listening.

/ What TBN is like today #52  
It is my belief that it is evident that TBN has a more diverse membership now, than in years back. Different areas of OUR Country have different Lifestyles, Beliefs, and Cultural differences. It is also evident, that due to more PC's in households, there is an increased flow of information on the Internet, and more varied points of interests and topics, available to the Public. There is always two sides to every story and each and every TBN member should be allowed to voice their views. I will agree that sometimes the threads and posts may get "Hot and Heavy", but in the end, a debate should be a learning process for all parties involved. IMHO, Thanks for listening.

I don't know that anyone's position, point of view, world view..etc... etc.. no matter how eloquently stated will ever change another's. I don't come here to read someone's take on the political topic de jour and prefer that one's political views be kept to the side as has been done with the on request, off topics/politics forum.

Those who enjoy an argument (myself include sometimes) can go there and have at it.... Thanks Muhammad

/ What TBN is like today #53  
I don't know that anyone's position, point of view, world view..etc... etc.. no matter how eloquently stated will ever change another's. I don't come here to read someone's take on the political topic de jour and prefer that one's political views be kept to the side as has been done with the on request, off topics/politics forum.

Those who enjoy an argument (myself include sometimes) can go there and have at it.... Thanks Muhammad

I would agree with you for the most part; however, if you are a reasonable person, and your views and opinions are challenged logically, you may want to check out the other fellow's arguments...and if they have substance, they may cause you to change or amend your position. I have attended enough manditory public hearings to know that you can be well informed and firm in your position, and still be surprised at new facts and new perspectives. It has convinced me that we need other opinions and positions if for no other reason than to keep us straight and confirm that we are correct...and who knows...the other opinion might just have something to offer.

/ What TBN is like today #54  
Ya never know about neighbors. Mine to the East replaced his portion of our joining fence. He moved it 8' over onto our land. Never thought I'd see that. So I've given him a deadline of 15 April to move it or I will. This neighbor even rents pasture land from us. Go figure.......

Robert Frost. 1875

64. Mending Wall

SOMETHING there is that doesn't love a wall,
That sends the frozen-ground-swell under it,
And spills the upper boulders in the sun;
And makes gaps even two can pass abreast.
The work of hunters is another thing: 5
I have come after them and made repair
Where they have left not one stone on stone,
But they would have the rabbit out of hiding,
To please the yelping dogs. The gaps I mean,
No one has seen them made or heard them made, 10
But at spring mending-time we find them there.
I let my neighbor know beyond the hill;
And on a day we meet to walk the line
And set the wall between us once again.
We keep the wall between us as we go. 15
To each the boulders that have fallen to each.
And some are loaves and some so nearly balls
We have to use a spell to make them balance:
"Stay where you are until our backs are turned!"
We wear our fingers rough with handling them. 20
Oh, just another kind of outdoor game,
One on a side. It comes to little more:
He is all pine and I am apple-orchard.
My apple trees will never get across
And eat the cones under his pines, I tell him. 25
He only says, "Good fences make good neighbors."
Spring is the mischief in me, and I wonder
If I could put a notion in his head:
"Why do they make good neighbors? Isn't it
Where there are cows? But here there are no cows. 30
Before I built a wall I'd ask to know
What I was walling in or walling out,
And to whom I was like to give offence.
Something there is that doesn't love a wall,
That wants it down!" I could say "Elves" to him, 35
But it's not elves exactly, and I'd rather
He said it for himself. I see him there,
Bringing a stone grasped firmly by the top
In each hand, like an old-stone savage armed.
He moves in darkness as it seems to me, 40
Not of woods only and the shade of trees.
He will not go behind his father's saying,
And he likes having thought of it so well
He says again, "Good fences make good neighbors."

/ What TBN is like today #55  
I would agree with you for the most part; however, if you are a reasonable person, and your views and opinions are challenged logically, you may want to check out the other fellow's arguments...and if they have substance, they may cause you to change or amend your position. I have attended enough manditory public hearings to know that you can be well informed and firm in your position, and still be surprised at new facts and new perspectives. It has convinced me that we need other opinions and positions if for no other reason than to keep us straight and confirm that we are correct...and who knows...the other opinion might just have something to offer.

That's all true and most of us probably agree... however, 99.999% of political threads on TBN turn into ugly rant-fests that the majority of TBN members don't care to participate in or even be distracted by. Its fairly obvious, too, that the arguments and hatred that develops in the politics forum spills over into the tractor forums.

/ What TBN is like today #56  
That's all true and most of us probably agree... however, 99.999% of political threads on TBN turn into ugly rant-fests that the majority of TBN members don't care to participate in or even be distracted by. Its fairly obvious, too, that the arguments and hatred that develops in the politics forum spills over into the tractor forums.

True. I bring a different perspective, I think, because I was forced to prepare and deliver an official opinion, analysis and position in a public forum, before a rule making Council, and therefore was forced to listen to the comments of the Council and members of the public and address them in a cogent, respectful way. In other words, you were forced to be a gentleman. Your rebuttal could not include insulting and vulgar language; you could not show anger or contempt; one upmanship did not count unless it were done respectfully and logically. We have no such restraints on TBN other than those that are self imposed. That's why I refuse to participate in urinating contests beyond the initial volley. No one ever wins those contests so why should I waste my time.

/ What TBN is like today #57  
Well stated. That was the intent of my post. Thank you for your FAIR analysis. My post did not mention POLITICS or even enter the Arena of POLITICS. Thanks again.

/ What TBN is like today #58  
Yes, this is what TBN is like today!:D

/ What TBN is like today #59  
What about Safety Issues?

/ What TBN is like today #60  
My post didn't enter the Political arena in any way, form, or fashion. I only related the many different variables associated with the initial intention of the OP starting this thread.
Hopefully this post will remain. My post contains nothing contrary to the Rules and Regulations set forth by TBN.

Status
Not open for further replies.