What TBN is like today

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / What TBN is like today #1  

whistlepig

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota B7800 with FEL
I am relatively new here. Not one of the old timers. There is a constant and tremendous amount of excellent information to be gleaned here. For me it makes this forum very worthwhile. There are disagreements here. I have had my fur fluffed a few times and fluffed a little fur myself. But, all in all, I consider this a very friendly site. People seem to be much more brutal about their opinions now than they were many years ago. Both here and in life. I don't know if this is better or worse. But I think if everyone agreed with what everyone else said it would be a very dull world indeed.

/ What TBN is like today #2  
For all bs one has to take this is the best site for tractor info.

/ What TBN is like today #3  
murphy1244 said:

I agree.

/ What TBN is like today #4  

3X

I am still amazed the time people put into their responses in an attempt to help with a problem, either mechanical, or operational.

/ What TBN is like today #5  
3X

I am still amazed the time people put into their responses in an attempt to help with a problem, either mechanical, or operational.

Yep, there are members on here that will spend hours searching for an answer to a posted problem. After a while you learn their expertise area. I use that knowledge when needed. In return I post my "life lessons" that others might benefit.

I never immediately tell an OP to "search" for their answer. I try to offer what information I have first, then suggest a search. If everyone "searched", this would be a very boring place and little new information would be added.

A very knowledgeable hydraulic guy used to be on here, "Mad Referee". We lost him a few years ago. But slowly that void has been filled and now if I have a hydraulic question I look for "JJ".

I don't spend a lot of time on websites. But if I do spend some time, it's usually on here. I always go away with some new ideas and sometimes find myself frantically at work in my shop building something that I got the idea for from TBN.

This is kinda like sitting at the round table in the local coffee shop talking with the ole geezers and jobless. But here everyone is welcome. :thumbsup:

/ What TBN is like today #6  
I consider this a very friendly site.

Yes it is friendly relative to other forums which are full of snotty teens looking to bash everybody. However separating the wheat from the chaff at TBN can be a chore.

/ What TBN is like today #7  
Yep, there are members on here that will spend hours searching for an answer to a posted problem. After a while you learn their expertise area. I use that knowledge when needed. In return I post my "life lessons" that others might benefit.

I never immediately tell an OP to "search" for their answer. I try to offer what information I have first, then suggest a search. If everyone "searched", this would be a very boring place and little new information would be added.

A very knowledgeable hydraulic guy used to be on here, "Mad Referee". We lost him a few years ago. But slowly that void has been filled and now if I have a hydraulic question I look for "JJ".

I don't spend a lot of time on websites. But if I do spend some time, it's usually on here. I always go away with some new ideas and sometimes find myself frantically at work in my shop building something that I got the idea for from TBN.

This is kinda like sitting at the round table in the local coffee shop talking with the ole geezers and jobless. But here everyone is welcome. :thumbs up:

The search engine on here stinks. I was looking for a Chipper Shredder and a Poster reamed me out about using the search bar, I told him to stick it and he replied he knows exactly what I need and now he won't tell me. What a idiot. That's why I will not tell someone to use the stinky search task.

/ What TBN is like today #8  
The search engine on here stinks. I was looking for a Chipper Shredder and a Poster reamed me out about using the search bar, I told him to stick it and he replied he knows exactly what I need and now he won't tell me. What a idiot. That's why I will not tell someone to use the stinky search task.

I agree about TBN's search capabilities. You can obtain much better results using Google and referencing the TBN site. To illustrate, suppose I wanted to search the TBN site for chipper shredder. Enter chipper + shredder site:tractorbynet.com in Google.

Steve

/ What TBN is like today #9  
Great advise on how to search using Google. It works great.

/ What TBN is like today #10  
Great advise on how to search using Google. It works great.

We will soon be implementing a google custom search engine so all searches will go through google. It's a far superior search system than our built-in forum search. :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.