Turkey Vulture Pictures

/ Turkey Vulture Pictures #21  
About 30% of the vultures in our area are black vultures. The rest are turkey vultures. The farmers around here don't like the black vultures. They are known to kill newborn lambs and calves.

/ Turkey Vulture Pictures
When the sun comes up I'm going to try to get some pictures of them in the trees behind my house, assuming they're there in the morning. In the mean time, here's another picture.

a2brf4.jpg

/ Turkey Vulture Pictures #24  
Here is one I took on horseback, looking down at it!

D D 4-2004 (3).JPG

At Devils Den State Park, Arkansas.

D D 4-2004 (4).JPG D D 4-2004.JPG D D 4-2004 (1).JPG

/ Turkey Vulture Pictures #25  
About 30% of the vultures in our area are black vultures. The rest are turkey vultures. The farmers around here don't like the black vultures. They are known to kill newborn lambs and calves.

What about the bankers? Leave a few percent for them :laughing:

/ Turkey Vulture Pictures #26  
When the sun comes up I'm going to try to get some pictures of them in the trees behind my house, assuming they're there in the morning. In the mean time, here's another picture.

a2brf4.jpg

Your pictures are terrific! Here's one that I waw soaring above my woods, cropped and original:
001.JPG 001orig.jpg

/ Turkey Vulture Pictures #28  
The black vultures are the most common in this area. They love the power poles that cross my property.

Attachments

• DukeAndV.jpg
    DukeAndV.jpg
    501.1 KB · Views: 3,050
  • Vulture3.jpg
    Vulture3.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 83
   / Turkey Vulture Pictures #29  
Yep, we are not allowed to "see" a turkey vulture (buzzard) until March 15 - Hinckley Buzzard Day. Avoid driving through Hinckley on that Sunday - March 17 this year.

And that St. Pats Day too.

/ Turkey Vulture Pictures #30  
Here's a vulture cartoon.

Attachments

• Vultures.jpg
    Vultures.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 217