Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Gold Member
    Tractor
    Kubota B3300SU

Default Re: Advice please - best mix of Dewalt Cordless tools

Also be aware that DeWalt has a few different qualities of tools & batteries to hit different price points. Tools from the local hardware store aren't necessarily the same quality as those from an industrial supplier.

Tractor
    Kubota L3830GST, B7500HST, BX2660

I would suggest (in the order that I use mine): Cordless 1/4" impact driver, Cordless 1/2" drill, corded circular caw, corded sawzall, flashlight, corded 1/2" drill (I REALLY like Dad's Dewalt DW505), cordless sawzall, cordless circular saw.
    I use my impact driver anytime I need to put in a fastener, it works much better for putting in long screws than a drill.

Aaron Z
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Robert Heinlein, Time Enough for Love

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    L3700SU

This brings back memmories, my wife and myself bought out first home in 97 and although I had a good supply of automotive tools, I had few wood working tools. I purchased a 18V Dewalt combo kit. It has a drill, circular saw, saws all,flash light and two batteries. It was, at the time a 500.00 kit. I built my basement room, 12x16 shed and multiple other projects with that little saw. I still have it today and get more use from the screwdriver than anything else.

Silver Member
    Tractor
    2011 Kubota L3240DT

I bought a 18 volt kit with 1/4" impact,1/2" drill/driver, sawzall, and flashlight. I love the impact and don't know how I got along without it. i wish I had the circular saw and might add it if I find a deal someday.

Jeff
    2011 Kubota L3240DT
    724 SSQA loader Titan 42" Forks
    513 JD brushhog 6.5' Meyers Snow Plow
    Loader Mounted Boom Pole Loaded Rear Tires
    Work Platform

Elite Member
    Tractor
    John Deer Lt160

Did you look at the new craftsman kits with the interchangeable heads. I have a few craftman tools in 19.2v and love them.
    www.stormspoons.com my website
    http://www.etsy.com/people/Forgeblast?ref=pr_profile
    Is where I also have spoons listed.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Jinma 284(Spirit fel), MF 135 (MF200 fel)

After a long time use of old Makita 9.6 volt tools (tile saw, drill, jig saw) I bought a Dewalt drill only -- it was a POS. I replaced it with a Ryobi 18 volt and and have never looked back. Like the original Makita, every Ryobi 18volt uses the same battery and I am not left looking after a bunch of chargers and batteries and when the NiCads bit the bullet, new Lithium Ions took their place. I wait until Home Despot has them on sale and buy then. The tools I really use are the drill, impact driver, recip saw and flashlight. the mitre saw is ok for 1/4 round, the circular saw is ok for 1/4 in plywood, the cut -out saw is great but I hate doing drywall so seldom use it, jig saw I use the corded one more, spotlight is good but I prefer a twelve volt on the tractor or ATV. I see the jobsite radios a lot but most times I would like to boot them through the wall given what is playing on them
    JMHO

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Yanmar 2402D

I have an 18V Lithium DeWalt Hammer Drill and it has been a good as the original 18Volt XRP DeWalt I had for 10 years. It is probably 2 years old.

I do have a kit of the lower dollar 18Volt DeWalt tools. The drill is not as heavy built but I use it as a convenience, and the cordless recip. is decent.

The advantage to staying with DeWalt for me was the 18V Lithium Battery fits the older tools, and the standard batteries will charge in the Lithium charger. However the standard batteries will not work in the Lithium Hammer Drill.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12