Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Elite Member
    Tractor
    Kubota B2710

Default Re: Ticketed for driving slow in the left lane

I don't appreciate it much when drivers block the left lane while the right lane is also blocked. However when I am in the left lane doing 75 or 80 and passing a line of cars myself I really get hacked off when somebody that wants to drive 110 gets on my tail and wants to pass them fasterwhen the only way for me to move over is to slow down to 60 and squeeze in between cars in the right lane. The left lane does not belong to whoever wants to go the fastest and the fastest car/truck does not own the highway. I bite my tongue and get over when I can, but it doesn't make me happy.
    Alan L., TX
    South of Bugtussle
    North of Mustang
    On the banks of Buck Creek
    We don't rent pigs.

Tractor
    JD 3320, 820,400,255

I don't drive fast, but you in the left lane, make me drive sllloooow!

Super Star Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L3830GST, B7500HST, BX2660

Quote Originally Posted by Alan L. View Post
    I don't appreciate it much when drivers block the left lane while the right lane is also blocked. However when I am in the left lane doing 75 or 80 and passing a line of cars myself I really get hacked off when somebody that wants to drive 110 gets on my tail and wants to pass them fasterwhen the only way for me to move over is to slow down to 60 and squeeze in between cars in the right lane. The left lane does not belong to whoever wants to go the fastest and the fastest car/truck does not own the highway. I bite my tongue and get over when I can, but it doesn't make me happy.
    I agree. If you are in the left lane doing at least the speed limit (or driving as fast as road conditions and traffic flow permit) and are actively passing cars in the right lane, the people behind you should wait, but you should get over as soon as it is feasible (which for me means I will move over when I have enough space to get over and back without turning off the cruise).

Aaron Z
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Robert Heinlein, Time Enough for Love

Tractor
    Many

Those people would be called revenue generators where I live. They ticket at 5 over. 110? Really?

Tractor
    Allis Chalmers 616 (Two) and a Kioti CK30 HST with loader and backhoe

To me if a person is driving at a markedly different rate of speed than the rest of the traffic they are both a hazard and annoying.

But, I'm with Moss and Roy on this one. There must be more to it. I cannot fathom a LEO giving a ticket for 2mph under the limit.

It may be a technicality, but if the LEGAL LIMIT is 65 mph, then legally NO ONE should exceed that. Just sayin.
    God Bless our brave men, bring them home, safe again.

Super Star Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L3830GST, B7500HST, BX2660

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyj View Post
    To me if a person is driving at a markedly different rate of speed than the rest of the traffic they are both a hazard and annoying.
    I agree. Its safer for one person to change lanes to the right than for dozens of people to change lanes several times to get around them.
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmyj View Post
    But, I'm with Moss and Roy on this one. There must be more to it. I cannot fathom a LEO giving a ticket for 2mph under the limit.
    The ticket was not for driving too slow, it was for a failure to keep right while driving slower than the speed limit. Specifically, the ticket says "Failure of a driver driving below speed limit 63 in a 65 to keep right" IMO, the cop should have worded it "Failure of a driver driving below speed limit (63 in a 65) to keep right"
    This was on a 4 lane road, its not like there weren't other lanes she could have been in.

Aaron Z
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Robert Heinlein, Time Enough for Love

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    CT235

When I was a kid, we were pulled over in Nova Scotia in an absolutely blinding rain for going too slow.... You could not see the road to drive, and yet we were pulled. I still remember my Dad going absolutely balistic on the cop.
    Tim.

Tractor
    Kubota L3800, Kubota GR2120, Kubota RTV1100, Kubota 5100sc

Nothing more dangerous than that slow driver. Creates a situation where everyone is trying to get around and is the cause of many, many accidents. Drive it or get a ride with someone who will.

HS

Veteran Member

I agree.
    '11 John Deere 5065M /cab
    '10 Kubota L3940 w/FEL
    '09 JD X720
    '91 CaseIH 5140 Maxxum w/cab
    '78 IH 686 w/M&W Turbo 106 PTO hp w/canopy

Banned
    Tractor
    2012 JD 3720 deluxe cab

He should have used a staple gun and stapled the ticket to her forehead

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast