Ticketed for driving slow in the left lane

/ Ticketed for driving slow in the left lane #31  
Some times when traveling I think about how hilarious, devastating and destructive it would be to turn loose a large number of licensed American drivers on the German Autobahns. Especially in this heavily traveled section:

Attachments

• A96-Memmingen-2008.JPG
    A96-Memmingen-2008.JPG
    143.3 KB · Views: 153
   / Ticketed for driving slow in the left lane #32  
All things considered, 2mph is probably within the margin of error of the instrument, which can also be affected by other factors.

/ Ticketed for driving slow in the left lane #33  
I hate left lane bandits. Sadly, it seems the entitlement mentality or pure selfishness is at the root of the problem with many drivers who block the left lane of traffic.

The guilty would not survive long driving in Europe-they enforce staying in the appropriate lane except when passing. It seems to be a very rare violation here in the good old USA.

I loved driving in Europe, even in Great Britain on the other side of the road. I was surprised at how quickly I became comfortable with driving on the left side of the road, and a good deal of that was due to drivers staying in the appropriate lanes except when passing.

I have to tell you, it's rather humbling to be going 110mph in a nice sedan on the autobahn and getting passed by a small cargo van!

/ Ticketed for driving slow in the left lane #34  
She should have been caned as well as the ticket.

It's funny how there are two thoughts on this; first, like me, "stay the **** out of the left lane unless you are setting the pace/driving fast", the left lane is for passing. The other thought is "I am not driving over the speed limit and I can stay in the left lane as long as I want". It doesn't matter to them that traffic is backing up behind them, people get frustrated and do stupid thing to pass them. They just mosey down the highway, oblivious to anything and anyone. I can't stand it. My wife gets short with me because I feel compelled to help train them how to drive better. I will drive behind them and flash my lights at them, blow the horn. Usually it gets their attention and they move over. But not always. Sometimes, when I get around them, I will "clean my windshield" by using my washer for an extended period of time.

In Europe there is very little tolerance for this. Police will ticket you and other drivers get very aggressive if you don't get out of the way. It is a pleasure to drive the German Autobahn because almost everyone knows how to drive. You can drive safely at over 100 miles and hour

/ Ticketed for driving slow in the left lane #35  
I don't appreciate it much when drivers block the left lane while the right lane is also blocked. However when I am in the left lane doing 75 or 80 and passing a line of cars myself I really get hacked off when somebody that wants to drive 110 gets on my tail and wants to pass them fasterwhen the only way for me to move over is to slow down to 60 and squeeze in between cars in the right lane. The left lane does not belong to whoever wants to go the fastest and the fastest car/truck does not own the highway. I bite my tongue and get over when I can, but it doesn't make me happy.

:thumbsup: Ditto Alan - When we go to Savannah , Ga. we are on Interstate 16 which just seems to on and on the speed limit is 75 MPH...most go 80 + but I too hate it when they get right behind you as you are passing at 80+ mph in the left lane...If I had to slam on my breaks we'd all be dead...they don't think....

/ Ticketed for driving slow in the left lane #37  
You've been watching" The Sopranos "...there is a scene where Tony Soprano staples a parking ticket to a guys chest...:)
Big fan of the sopranos. Wish it would've been on for ever. Oh well

/ Ticketed for driving slow in the left lane #38  
What chaps my arse is two trucks side by side for 5 fueling miles while the idiots collect behind them . And there is also the cruise control Queens who refuse to adjust speed with traffic . People have lost respect for each other , it really shows on the road . They have chopped the budget so bad here I don't think the SP care .

/ Ticketed for driving slow in the left lane #39  
What chaps my arse is two trucks side by side for 5 fueling miles while the idiots collect behind them .

Five trucks in a row, all going 62mph, and one going 62.2mph who feels he has to pass them all. :confused:

/ Ticketed for driving slow in the left lane #40  
Five trucks in a row, all going 62mph, and one going 62.2mph who feels he has to pass them all. :confused:

Had this exact thing happen on I5 going to Calif. two weeks ago. Still have a CB in my pick-up for our logging roads.....used it to say hello to this trucker and asked him very politely if he would mind moving over so the hundred cars behind him could pass. Even the other truckers had some warm thoughts for this guy.:shocked: