Ticketed for driving slow in the left lane

/ Ticketed for driving slow in the left lane #1  

aczlan

Good Morning
Tractor
Kubota L3830GST, B7500HST, BX2660. Formerly: Case 480F LL, David Brown 880UE
Apparently she was going under the speed limit (understandable, it was reportedly nasty out) but she was staying in the left lane (which is what the citation was for). Looking at the ticket, IMO the officer should have enclosed the "63 in a 65" in parentheses to make the ticket slightly clearer, but we need more people to get similar tickets until they start moving over if they aren't passing:
Screen-Shot-2013-03-12-at-10.53.23-AM-620x300.png
Story link: Md. Woman Cited for Driving Too Slowly in Left Lane | NBC4 Washington

Aaron Z

/ Ticketed for driving slow in the left lane #2  
This especially drives me crazy on the interstate, I admittedly drive pretty fast usually and tend to stay in the left lane most of the time. I hate when I come across people going slower in the left lane than the right lanes. If I am driving and can see someone coming up behind me going faster than I, then I pull over and let them pass- that is what the left lane (aka "hammer lane" around here) is for.

/ Ticketed for driving slow in the left lane #3  
Personally, while it annoys the crap out of me to be behind someone driving under the speed limit in the left lane...
But 2MPH under in bad weather? At the most the cop should have pulled her over and given her a talking to about driving in the left lane, but that is all.
Unless, of course, the cop tried that and she mouthed off, or he blinked his lights to pass and she ignored it... so he gave her a ticket.
We need both sides of the story.

/ Ticketed for driving slow in the left lane #4  
I would of given her car a safety check too.

/ Ticketed for driving slow in the left lane #5  
She should have been flogged on the roadside. People who abuse the passing lane cause a lot of problems. They slow traffic and create densely packed groups of vehicles, contribute to road rage, cause inefficient use of expensive highways, and cause higher fuel consumption for those trying to deal with their idiocy.

Given all these things, the LEO's ought to hand out many more of such citations.

/ Ticketed for driving slow in the left lane #6  
Just my opinion, but often times the driving-slow-in-the-left-lane drivers are also not paying attention to traffic and, therefore, are dangerous.

/ Ticketed for driving slow in the left lane #7  
It is a cornice problem in my area. I don't believe many here even know the left lane is for passing and then you move right. I hate having to pass someone on the right in their blind spot.

MarkV

/ Ticketed for driving slow in the left lane #8  
It annoys the crap out of me when clueless people just mosey along in the left lane while they are being passed like they are tied to something by every other car in the right lane. 9x out of 10, they are talking or texting. Sometimes I would like to give them a bump in the azz and put em into the rail.

/ Ticketed for driving slow in the left lane #9  
In this case, that could have been the result of speedometer error.
It could also be due to inclement weather and I commend the woman for driving safety in such conditions...and for all we know, the right lane traffic may have been driving well below the limit. My guess is the cop wanted to pass her and, in effect, was abusing his authority.

/ Ticketed for driving slow in the left lane #10  
Yep, two lane interstate, going 63-65 in the left lane passing trucks in the right lane going 62 takes three miles to pass the truck(s) and the left lane is clear two miles in front of them.

This happens more in OH with truck speed limits at 55 or 60.

Not so often in the NE with most highways being 3 lanes each way.