another senseless shooting-hits home

/ another senseless shooting-hits home #31  
I have spoken with a lot of families of murder victims and for quite a few the execution brings about a sense of closure as well as justice. I am not a strong proponent of the death penalty, but if the person's guilt is absolutely unquestionable I lose no sleep over it.

I am bothered by cases such as the one we had in Missouri on Joshua Kezer who was not only found by a judge to be not guilty, but to be innocent which is rare after he spent fourteen years in prison and could easily have been given the death penalty.
Joshua Charles Kezer , Innocent man charged with murder of wife

I too am bothered by cases like that...really bothered. It brings into question the efficacy of the death sentence, but only in the light of our system of justice. Actually the system is not so much at fault, as is the integrity of some of those involved in the system. I fear that some...albeit a very few...prosecutors are either too zealous, too ambitious or too unprincipled to seek justice first instead of getting a conviction. I think it is a poor commentary to have to abolish the death sentence in order to rectify the sins of the prosecutors.