Comet Pan-Starrs viewable in N Texas

/ Comet Pan-Starrs viewable in N Texas #1  

Western

Tractor
Kioti DK 35 now
Dont know how many of you are into "star gazing" I'm really not, but this comet wont be back for like 110,00 years, so I figured I look for it last night!

It became viewable for us at around 8:20 pm in the Western sky, 3/4 of the way to the ground , below right of the crescent moon.
Really neat to see something so unusual. Use binoculars, then you can pick it out (barely) with your naked eye. Doesn't last long, maybe 10 minutes, something to do with the sun light and it being like ten cabillian miles away:D

Comet Pan-STARRS Near the Moon Tonight: How to See It | Space.com

See Comet PanSTARRS As It Becomes Visible Across North America ォ AmericaSpace

My wife took this on the way to work this morning?? We are shocked since no one mentioned it so viewable in the morning!!

100MEDIA95IMAG0015_zps30b81e33.jpg

/ Comet Pan-Starrs viewable in N Texas #2  
I'm bummed! Its been cloudy here all week and suppesed to be cloudy for the next several days too. Grrrr!!!!

Thanks for the picture! :thumbsup:

/ Comet Pan-Starrs viewable in N Texas
David, may try the morning. My wife took that phot0 with her smart phone around 7-15am. Shows up better than it did in the evenings. Of course, clouds are a deal buster.

/ Comet Pan-Starrs viewable in N Texas #4  
Yeah, we get some great views when its clear, but this time of year we average about 80% cloud cover. Depressing, ain't it? :yes: