Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Tractor
    '94 Kubota B7100 HST 4WD (sold 2011), '05 Kubota L5030 HST

Default Re: Concealed Carry Holsters

I've been using these since 1989.

Pocket Concealment Systems, Inc.: Main Catalogue Page

Mike makes some of the best leather out there, and has a very comfortable unique pocket holster for the small handgun.

I still use my original Holster to this day. (an XDC)

Jaeger

Tractor
    Kubota L4610 and John Deere 410

I have a Falco Cross Draw holster for my .357 which I really like. However, it's by no means "compact".
    Kubota L4610 and John Deere 410 - WR Long 64" Grapple (best attachment ever!) QA front forks, rear forks, Brown 472 HD Rotary Mower, Land Pride RBT4096 hydro blade, Woods 7200 Power Rake, homemade 3 pt log splitter, Land Pride rake/blade combo, Land Pride HRL 3578 box blade (Hydro scarifiers), Shaver SC50 3 pt. Stumpgrinder, FitRiteHydraulics TnT, 6" Vermeer PTO Chipper (Hydro feed), Disc Plow, Ratchet Rake, LP HD25 Hydraulic PHD, Woodmizer LT15 portable sawmill
    Rear Remotes Install

Tractor
    Bobcat CT122

I give two giant thumbs up to Crossbreed's supertuck and mini-tuck holsters. I have one for my Glock 23 and for my LCP, and my buddy has one for his H &K. They are the most well concealed, comfortable holsters that I've ever worn, and I've tried quite a few. I like that they are made in the USA by a small company, one at a time.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    BX 2200

I'd recommend a Gary Brommeland Max-Con or a Milt Sparks VM2. Both are IWB. Just as importantly, get a true gun belt. It will make a world of difference to whatever holster you choose.
    I plan to screech to a sideways stop at heavens gate, jump out with a cigar in one hand, a scotch in the other, yelling "WOOHOO!! WHAT A RIDE!!!"

Georgia - Mt. Vernon by The Store just 5 miles east and right by the big oak tree then to the creek.

I tried a shoulder holster when I was a LEO in plain clothes....I could not stand it, maybe it was just the brand of holster...Now I like the clip on that goes inside the top of your pants...but I only carry a small 22 mag. high standard 2 shot derringer with hollow points....Trust me the noise alone from this derringer will make someone poop their pants...anyway...I don't ever hear about gun fights among civilians and I am not about to lug around some heavy hardware...Just me... for what it's worth....LOL ...just what you paid for it...-0-
    Bob

WORRYING does not take away tomorrow's TROUBLES, it takes away today's PEACE.

NH - TC-29 , FEL, Bush hog, Bush hog brand finishing mower, Post hole digger, 6' Back blade, sub-soiler, Pallet forks, 20KW PTO Generator , 21 hp Murray Mower
    JD -3020 with FEL and a 16 HP. K-Grow Lawn Tractor (bought from K Mart 1994) and runs great !
    Clark 130 EN Mig Welder

Platinum Member

I have lived for 59 years without needing a weapon in a public area. Now I am starting to carry and I want the absolute minimum in weapon and holster. I do not plan on engaging in a shoot out with anyone unless my family is threatened. So I carry a 380 auto in a nearly invisible wallet holster. You can forget it is there.

Gold Member
    Tractor
    NH T1520

I've never worn an IWB holster, but it seems that it may require a bit of a wardrobe overhaul. I was told by an instructor that you should buy pants two sizes larger than normal, for the best fit. True?
    Due, apparently to some sort of atmospheric conditions in my closet, most of my pants don't seem to have any "extra" room.

Tractor
    Fordson Major Diesel, McCormick Deering W4, Ford 1510, John Deere L111

Quote Originally Posted by Welshman View Post
    That High Slide seems pretty slick. It says that the cant is adjustable to some degree. Is it enough to make it suitable for cross-draw?
    The cant isn't adjustable. You order the amount (degree) of cant you want. I find that the 15 degree cant is a good angle for ease of draw and re-holstering from the hip (rear pocket) position. Unfortunately, I don't think the High Slide would work at all for cross draw, as it rides up so high, you'd never be able to bend at the waist. It's a real stiff holster and is made to fit over the rear pocket, and when used as such, it's very comfortable. Side Guard does make an appendix carry holster that might be better suited for cross draw. Check out the other holsters on the website. It's a small company run by a guy named Erik. He has a day job and this is just something he does because he loves doing it and he's good at it. Email him to see if he can do a cross draw for you. He has been known to do custom work in the past.

Joe
    Fordson Major Diesel: Case 3-bottom Trip Plow, Case 12' Trip Field Cultivator, Kewanee 130 Disc, John Deere 1209 Mower Conditioner, John Deere 594LW Side Delivery Rake, New Holland Hayliner 273 Baler, 18' Spike-Tooth Harrow
    Ford 1510: Du-Al 105 Loader, "The Thumb" Grapple, Bush Hog RBC60 Rear Blade, Woods HC54 Rotary Cutter, Tarter 5' Heavy-Duty Hinge Back Box Blade, Buhler Farm King Y600 Snowblower

Tractor
    2009 Mahindra 2816 Gear

I like the Super Tuck. It does not dig into my side.

SuperTuck® Deluxe | CrossBreed® Holsters - SuperTuck® Deluxe
    2009 Mahindra 2816 Gear, 106 FEL, 3710 BH
    Kodiak 5' SD Rotary Cutter w/slip clutch
    Howse 12" Single Bottom Plow
    Ford Disc Harrow 5ft

U.S. Navy Veteran

Elite Member
    Tractor
    John Deer Lt160

I have the sig jacket that has the built in holsters, it looks like a carhart.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast