Concealed Carry Holsters

/ Concealed Carry Holsters #12  
I have a Falco Cross Draw holster for my .357 which I really like. However, it's by no means "compact".

/ Concealed Carry Holsters #13  
I give two giant thumbs up to Crossbreed's supertuck and mini-tuck holsters. I have one for my Glock 23 and for my LCP, and my buddy has one for his H &K. They are the most well concealed, comfortable holsters that I've ever worn, and I've tried quite a few. I like that they are made in the USA by a small company, one at a time.

/ Concealed Carry Holsters #14  
I'd recommend a Gary Brommeland Max-Con or a Milt Sparks VM2. Both are IWB. Just as importantly, get a true gun belt. It will make a world of difference to whatever holster you choose.

/ Concealed Carry Holsters #15  
I tried a shoulder holster when I was a LEO in plain clothes....I could not stand it, maybe it was just the brand of holster...Now I like the clip on that goes inside the top of your pants...but I only carry a small 22 mag. high standard 2 shot derringer with hollow points....Trust me the noise alone from this derringer will make someone poop their pants...anyway...I don't ever hear about gun fights among civilians and I am not about to lug around some heavy hardware...Just me...:) for what it's worth....LOL ...just what you paid for it...-0-

/ Concealed Carry Holsters #16  
I have lived for 59 years without needing a weapon in a public area. Now I am starting to carry and I want the absolute minimum in weapon and holster. I do not plan on engaging in a shoot out with anyone unless my family is threatened. So I carry a 380 auto in a nearly invisible wallet holster. You can forget it is there.

/ Concealed Carry Holsters
I've never worn an IWB holster, but it seems that it may require a bit of a wardrobe overhaul. I was told by an instructor that you should buy pants two sizes larger than normal, for the best fit. True?
Due, apparently to some sort of atmospheric conditions in my closet, most of my pants don't seem to have any "extra" room. :)

/ Concealed Carry Holsters #18  
That High Slide seems pretty slick. It says that the cant is adjustable to some degree. Is it enough to make it suitable for cross-draw?
The cant isn't adjustable. You order the amount (degree) of cant you want. I find that the 15 degree cant is a good angle for ease of draw and re-holstering from the hip (rear pocket) position. Unfortunately, I don't think the High Slide would work at all for cross draw, as it rides up so high, you'd never be able to bend at the waist. It's a real stiff holster and is made to fit over the rear pocket, and when used as such, it's very comfortable. Side Guard does make an appendix carry holster that might be better suited for cross draw. Check out the other holsters on the website. It's a small company run by a guy named Erik. He has a day job and this is just something he does because he loves doing it and he's good at it. Email him to see if he can do a cross draw for you. He has been known to do custom work in the past.

Joe

/ Concealed Carry Holsters #20  
I have the sig jacket that has the built in holsters, it looks like a carhart.