Concealed Carry Holsters

/ Concealed Carry Holsters
The cant isn't adjustable. You order the amount (degree) of cant you want. I find that the 15 degree cant is a good angle for ease of draw and re-holstering from the hip (rear pocket) position. Unfortunately, I don't think the High Slide would work at all for cross draw, as it rides up so high, you'd never be able to bend at the waist. It's a real stiff holster and is made to fit over the rear pocket, and when used as such, it's very comfortable. Side Guard does make an appendix carry holster that might be better suited for cross draw. Check out the other holsters on the website. It's a small company run by a guy named Erik. He has a day job and this is just something he does because he loves doing it and he's good at it. Email him to see if he can do a cross draw for you. He has been known to do custom work in the past.

Joe

Thanks, Joe. Good info.

OK, is it me? TripleR - what happened to your last post?

/ Concealed Carry Holsters #23  
depends alot on the gun your planning on carrying also.

My 1911 - 45 works great with a shoulder holster. used it for many years. but has its limitations due to style of clothing needed to conceal.

I have 2 favorites at this time for my Kahr PM9. one is a pocket holster that looks like im carrying a wallet when its in use.

The other is a Crossbreed mini tuck. i really love this holster. very comfortable to carry, hides very nice. carries tight to the body. Its very nearly impossible to know im carrying. Oh, and if you choose the crossbreed...op to go with the J clips instead of the standard clips with the cross embossed on them. Everyone knows what the cross on your belt is.....so your not too concealed anymore. I can carry this all day, while working, and forget im even carrying.

these work great for small gun...but i would not want to carry my 1911 this way. much too bulky and heavy.

Unfortunately, I don't think the High Slide would work at all for cross draw, as it rides up so high, you'd never be able to bend at the waist. It's a real stiff holster and is made to fit over the rear pocket, and when used as such, it's very comfortable.
Joe

An afterthought: Does that mean it can't, or shouldn't be worn on the side? How comfortable and easy is it to access sitting down?

/ Concealed Carry Holsters #25  
An afterthought: Does that mean it can't, or shouldn't be worn on the side? How comfortable and easy is it to access sitting down?

The High Slide is a good walking holster, especially if you're fairly slim. (Look how it rides.) I can wear it all day with no discomfort at all. It can be worn anywhere between the 3:00 to 5:00 positions (7:00 to 9:00 for me because I'm a lefty). The design just will not work up front. It's quite difficult to access from a typical automotive bucket seat, but pretty easy from a regular chair, especially if you lean forward a bit. Although I have worn this holster on long trips in the car, I have also used a jacket pocket for ease of use. If you plan to carry in the car often, an appendix carry cross draw would be a better solution.

Not the best pics, but you can see how easily it conceals for an OWB holster, due to how high it rides. I've also included a picture showing where it rides when seated. You can see where it would sink into a car seat, making it hard to access. Hope this helps.

Joe

Attachments

• 0325132128.jpg
    0325132128.jpg
    336 KB · Views: 106
  • 0325132129.jpg
    0325132129.jpg
    356.1 KB · Views: 111
  • 0325132133.jpg
    0325132133.jpg
    350.2 KB · Views: 112
The High Slide is a good walking holster, especially if you're fairly slim. (Look how it rides.) I can wear it all day with no discomfort at all. It can be worn anywhere between the 3:00 to 5:00 positions (7:00 to 9:00 for me because I'm a lefty). The design just will not work up front. It's quite difficult to access from a typical automotive bucket seat, but pretty easy from a regular chair, especially if you lean forward a bit. Although I have worn this holster on long trips in the car, I have also used a jacket pocket for ease of use. If you plan to carry in the car often, an appendix carry cross draw would be a better solution.

Not the best pics, but you can see how easily it conceals for an OWB holster, due to how high it rides. I've also included a picture showing where it rides when seated. You can see where it would sink into a car seat, making it hard to access. Hope this helps.

Joe

It helps a great deal. Thank you!

After thinking about your suggestions and experiences, I'm now leaning towards Crossbreeds Super Slide 3-slot holster. That style gives the option of wearing it strong side or cross-draw. Does anyone have any experience with this style of holster?
One thing that concerns me is that I don't find any mention on Crossbreed's web site about retention. I think I'll contact them and ask.

/ Concealed Carry Holsters #28  
A simple strong-side belt holster is best for most users. Shoulder holsters don't see much use by serious practitioners outside the movies and TV shows.

A cross draw or shoulder holster would have application for a driver, or someone who needed to shoot from a seated position in a car. These are not the best for typical citizen concealed carry, however. You must sweep the muzzle over a wide arc when drawing, which is bad from a safety standpoint. This sweeping motion also impedes fast and accurate target engagement.

Check out the "Concealable" holster from Galco. It has enough material to hold the gun securely, but not so much that it impedes concealment. An IWB is also very good from a concealment and retention perspective, but requires loose pants, or an elastic waistband.

/ Concealed Carry Holsters #29  
A simple strong-side belt holster is best for most users. Shoulder holsters don't see much use by serious practitioners outside the movies and TV shows.

A cross draw or shoulder holster would have application for a driver, or someone who needed to shoot from a seated position in a car. These are not the best for typical citizen concealed carry, however. You must sweep the muzzle over a wide arc when drawing, which is bad from a safety standpoint. This sweeping motion also impedes fast and accurate target engagement.

VERY good advice.

Later,
Dan

/ Concealed Carry Holsters #30  
OK, is it me? TripleR - what happened to your last post?

I honestly don't remember, sometimes I delete my posts after the OP has read them and sometimes they just disappear. I probably post too much anyway.