Concealed Carry Holsters

/ Concealed Carry Holsters #31  
I own a large desk drawer full of expensive holsters of every brand. In my opinion the Super Tuck holster from Crossbreed Holsters is the best there is. I wish I would have discovered them sooner rather then later.

/ Concealed Carry Holsters
A simple strong-side belt holster is best for most users. Shoulder holsters don't see much use by serious practitioners outside the movies and TV shows.

A cross draw or shoulder holster would have application for a driver, or someone who needed to shoot from a seated position in a car. These are not the best for typical citizen concealed carry, however. You must sweep the muzzle over a wide arc when drawing, which is bad from a safety standpoint. This sweeping motion also impedes fast and accurate target engagement.

Check out the "Concealable" holster from Galco. It has enough material to hold the gun securely, but not so much that it impedes concealment. An IWB is also very good from a concealment and retention perspective, but requires loose pants, or an elastic waistband.

Thanks for that - it pretty well bears out what I've thought.
I looked at that Concealable holster from Galco. It is a great looking holster, unfortunately they don't offer it for my pistol, but also, from the looks of the belt slot locations, it may extend as much, if not more than mine.

/ Concealed Carry Holsters
I honestly don't remember, sometimes I delete my posts after the OP has read them and sometimes they just disappear. I probably post too much anyway.

Thanks for responding. I was beginning to think it was my imagination. :) You probably just thought better about our "similar atmospheric conditions". :) No, you don't post "too much".

/ Concealed Carry Holsters #34  
Thanks for that - it pretty well bears out what I've thought.
I looked at that Concealable holster from Galco. It is a great looking holster, unfortunately they don't offer it for my pistol, but also, from the looks of the belt slot locations, it may extend as much, if not more than mine.

You're welcome. What model pistol are you looking to holster?

/ Concealed Carry Holsters #35  
One more happy crossbreed owner. The super tuck is comfortable. The retention in mine is molded in the Kydex, while not positive retention it works well for me. I seldom jump, run or get in wrestling matches anymore!

Found a small company making a similar tuckable holster in Guthrie, OK. The make it while you wait and allows for addition of custom / aftermarket sights and accessories to be accommodated. As I recall crossbreed will to, but you have to send your gun to them.

/ Concealed Carry Holsters #36  
i carry my px4 storm sub .40 in a iwb by tagua , they started out cheap but they must have caught on they doubled if not trippled in price

/ Concealed Carry Holsters #37  
One more happy crossbreed owner. The super tuck is comfortable. The retention in mine is molded in the Kydex, while not positive retention it works well for me. I seldom jump, run or get in wrestling matches anymore!

Found a small company making a similar tuckable holster in Guthrie, OK. The make it while you wait and allows for addition of custom / aftermarket sights and accessories to be accommodated. As I recall crossbreed will to, but you have to send your gun to them.

Who in Guthrie does this? I spend a lot of time in Guthrie and am interested.
Thanks,
Dennis

/ Concealed Carry Holsters #38  
Crossbreed holsters also allow 1 week to return for a full refund if you don't like their holsters. Might be slightly more than a week and S/H charges I am sure are not refundable. I believe Galco has copied their design and offering a similar leather/kydex holster.

/ Concealed Carry Holsters #39  
I have an older model S&W 469 and am looking for an IWB holster. Hard to find one that has this gun listed anywhere. Any one use this one http://www.usgalco.com/HolsterPG3.asp?ProductID=1211&GunID=126 ? The price is right at $30 .
I am looking to buy a S&W MP shield for everyday carry but it might be awhile till I get it. If anyone has any advise I'm listening.

Jeff

/ Concealed Carry Holsters #40  
I have an older model S&W 469 and am looking for an IWB holster. Hard to find one that has this gun listed anywhere. Any one use this one Galco holsters; Holsters; Gun holster, pistol holsters, western holsters, shoulder holsters, leather holster and Glock holsters ? The price is right at $30 .
I am looking to buy a S&W MP shield for everyday carry but it might be awhile till I get it. If anyone has any advise I'm listening.

Jeff

I have one like that, but I much prefer the Royal Guard IWB holster. It holds the weapon very securely, has a forward cant which is good for concealment, and attaches positively to the belt. The clip style has a chance of coming out of your pants still attached to your weapon when you draw, and that's not a good thing.