Concealed Carry Holsters

/ Concealed Carry Holsters
You're welcome. What model pistol are you looking to holster?

It's a Model 39-2 Smith & Wesson, that I've owned for 34ish years.

Can Kydex mar the finish on a gun?

/ Concealed Carry Holsters #42  
Uncle Mike's holster, Keltec PF9, front blue jeans pocket, all day, every day. Forgotten until a target presents itself. no need to modify dress, ever.

/ Concealed Carry Holsters #43  
Patriot Industries - 211 E Oklahoma - Guthrie, OK

that is where I had the tuckable holster for my newest - LC9.

Seem like great guys, they appear to have some self defense classes and reloading classes / assistance. Talked with several in there while waiting and they are also members at OKC Gun club.

Brian

/ Concealed Carry Holsters #44  
Patriot Industries - 211 E Oklahoma - Guthrie, OK

that is where I had the tuckable holster for my newest - LC9.

Seem like great guys, they appear to have some self defense classes and reloading classes / assistance. Talked with several in there while waiting and they are also members at OKC Gun club.

Brian

I figured that might be who it was. I've been in there a couple of times; the customers were thick as flies, and they very low on guns. I'll drop in on them when I decide what I want to carry.

/ Concealed Carry Holsters #45  
Face it, like most everyone you will end up with a drawer full of holsters over the years. :laughing:

Yep....this.

If you get lucky, you find the one, early...it's like finding a wife.:D

/ Concealed Carry Holsters #47  
Has anyone made their own Kydex holster? From what I see on YouTube, it seems fairly easy.

Actually requires a vacuum table, appropriate heating element, and a gun model. Someone he is handy can make all of those but would be fairly expensive for one or two guns. Then you would need some heavy leather to mount it to. A pure kydex holster can be broken fairly easily by jerking a gun down. Numerous examples on Youtube of kydex being broken and guns ripped from the sides of someone carrying.

/ Concealed Carry Holsters
Actually requires a vacuum table, appropriate heating element, and a gun model. Someone he is handy can make all of those but would be fairly expensive for one or two guns. Then you would need some heavy leather to mount it to. A pure kydex holster can be broken fairly easily by jerking a gun down. Numerous examples on Youtube of kydex being broken and guns ripped from the sides of someone carrying.

No, you don't need a vacuum table, or a gun model. They can be made quite efficiently with a home-made press made from plywood, using clamps, and your own gun for the mold. I can't speak to the "breaking easily", but a lot of holster makers use it, with good reviews.

/ Concealed Carry Holsters #49  
It's a Model 39-2 Smith & Wesson, that I've owned for 34ish years.

Can Kydex mar the finish on a gun?

It's harder to find holsters for some older model pistols, I guess.

I think any holster material will gradually wear away at the gun's finish with heavy use, especially if it gets dirty or dusty. I don't know if Kydex is better or worse, but some say Kydex wears faster. Seems plausible because Kydex is hard plastic.